Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Posted (edited)

Looking at the table, come the end of the season it looks like it's only going to be the top 3 that concede fewer than 50 goals. Haven't been arsed to check but the average goals per game seems like it'll be very high for the modern era?

Just for comparison, there were 9 teams last season, 8 in 21/22, 10 in 20/21...

Edited by Optimistic Nut

18 hours ago, aussiemag said:

I would take Darwin at the toon. Think once he hit his straps, he’ll be a 20 goal a year striker. 

He's shola II

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looking at the table, come the end of the season it looks like it's only going to be the top 3 that concede fewer than 50 goals. Haven't been arsed to check but the average goals per game seems like it'll be very high for the modern era?

Just for comparison, there were 9 teams last season, 8 in 21/22, 10 in 20/21...

Just down a rabbit hole with this, would be interesting to see how many goals are scored first-half 47+ minutes and second-half 94+ minutes (just using these times as they seemed an average before this season)..Transfermarkt have 90+ minutes stats but nothing breaking it down further. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Just down a rabbit hole with this, would be interesting to see how many goals are scored first-half 47+ minutes and second-half 94+ minutes (just using these times as they seemed an average before this season)..Transfermarkt have 90+ minutes stats but nothing breaking it down further. 

There was a graphic flashed up on MoTD with this - it’s absolutely ridiculous. We now have goals going in at 100+ minutes FFS.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

There was a graphic flashed up on MoTD with this - it’s absolutely ridiculous. We now have goals going in at 100+ minutes FFS.

Would be interesting to delve further and see how much of it is genuine time-wasting finally being punished, how much is down to head injuries, VAR checks, time the ball is in play, etc.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be interesting to delve further and see how much of it is genuine time-wasting finally being punished, how much is down to head injuries, VAR checks, time the ball is in play, etc.

This was already a record breaking season for it by 9th March - can’t imagine how many more have been added since then:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3927750

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 09:48, Rafalove said:

12 goals and eleven assists in the mls for Messi in just eleven games. Shame he went over there, as he’d still be a ballon d’or contender if he stayed in Europe.

Call me biased but as long as he's still playing football he's still the best player in the world for me. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

On 05/05/2024 at 09:48, Rafalove said:

12 goals and eleven assists in the mls for Messi in just eleven games. Shame he went over there, as he’d still be a ballon d’or contender if he stayed in Europe.

32 goals and 10 assists for Ronaldo in 27 games in Saudi.

The two of them are still stupid.

I watched the highlights of Messi's most recent game and he and Suarez (didn't realise he was there) looked like they were having the most fun anyone has ever had on a football pitch. :lol: Like, the standard isn't so woeful that there's zero challenge, but they can just dick about and score 23 goals no bother. 

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Yay for Klopp in making it so players are massively fucked after games that go past 100-110 minutes only a year after he complained about player fatigue and not having 5 subs.

Based on nowt but eye test I think most teams generally play more open now in the league. Don't really get many sides parking the bus anymore and there's alot more high pressing and high defensive lines across the board. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Based on nowt but eye test I think most teams generally play more open now in the league. Don't really get many sides parking the bus anymore and there's alot more high pressing and high defensive lines across the board. 

Maybe players aren't as tall.

10 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Isnt that cos Bruce is no longer managing?

Is that our Sean in that lineup? Just googled to see if there's a Leeds-related Longstaff I've never heard of and it appears rumours of them being interested in Sean bypassed me in March.

Has Ferrell even indicated he's going to start piling transfer war chest-levels of money in, anyway? :lol:

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Cringe as owt

You’d never tire of volleying him in the face with a sweet right foot.