Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Just looking at Henry's 175 goals on Sky Sports, he was just slightly before my time, and I have never appreciated just how many bangers he scored, his goal to banger ratio must be one of the highest to have played the game.

He was a right winger until

wenger turned him into a striker. Wenger was a great manager when he first came in, the first thing he did was tell merson his Arsenal career was over. He made sure the team all had controlled diets and became more professional. Sounds weird now, but he was the first to do it.

Edited by Ronson333

59 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

wenger turned him into a striker. Wenger was a great manager when he first came in, the first thing he did was tell merson his Arsenal career was over. He made sure the team all had controlled diets and became more professional. Sounds weird now, but he was the first to do it.

Immediately put a stop to tomato sauce from the canteen and it riled several of the players. I guess he knew pretty quickly who was going to buy into him and his methods.

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Just looking at Henry's 175 goals on Sky Sports, he was just slightly before my time, and I have never appreciated just how many bangers he scored, his goal to banger ratio must be one of the highest to have played the game.

Still the greatest player to have played in the Premier League in my opinion ?

4 hours ago, OCK said:

Wenger at Arsenal and Zola at Chelsea professionalised the game in England. 

The Upshot podcast did a brilliant episode on Graham Stack that totally captured the transition 

33 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The Upshot podcast did a brilliant episode on Graham Stack that totally captured the transition 

Loads of ex Arsenal players said Wenger extended their careers, has anyone seen Ray Parlour lately ? And he still drinks regularly with Alan Brazil

5 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

He played as a right winger against us for Monaco, when he was a teenager. I think Sonny Anderson (ex Brazil) might have been in the same side.

11 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

He played as a right winger against us for Monaco, when he was a teenager. I think Sonny Anderson (ex Brazil) might have been in the same side.

Was a long list of futre PL and internationals there. Bernarbia & Legwinski scored, Barthez, Dumas, Grimaldi(?) Collins plus one of my early favourites in Scifo

Are you even spending enough time on the Internet if this hasn't been living rent free in your head for the past couple months

16 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Lovely moment.

Ah, so there was someone that clueless wank Boehley didn't sack when he came in then 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

The first one is ridiculous :lol:

How good is the punditry there compared to what we see nowadays btw? No hyperbole or attempts at banter, just a calm, honest analysis of what's happened. 

I was just thinking that - just different class.

On 16/05/2024 at 17:59, Ronson333 said:

Even as a young winger at Monaco he still managed to destroy us in the UEFA cup in 97