Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The company didn’t exist did it until very recently? With no evidence of turnover? There’s a difference between dodgy (e.g. companies partly owned by the owners etc) and a company being created for the sole purpose of fudging a sponsorship deal.

I’m also talking about it being a disgrace that a club can be allowed to go into £1.5bn debt that just gets absorbed by its corrupt owner. What is the point of a FFP framework if that is allowed to happen?

Yeah it’s dodgy the same way the city ones are, no employees etc. 

FFP is based on a rolling 3 year period so if you accrue debt over a long period of time it has no impact as long as your qualified profit and loss was in line. I do understand the point your making though, it’s just in terms of the actual rules nothing is wrong. 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The company didn’t exist did it until very recently? With no evidence of turnover? There’s a difference between dodgy (e.g. companies partly owned by the owners etc) and a company being created for the sole purpose of fudging a sponsorship deal.

I’m also talking about it being a disgrace that a club can be allowed to go into £1.5bn debt that just gets absorbed by its corrupt owner. What is the point of a FFP framework if that is allowed to happen?

To stop the next Chelsea or City.. eg.. us.

Funnily enough it's helping us more than it's hurting us. Amanda and co. seem sharp about operating a football club. But without FFP we surely go more the City early years route.

Edited by The College Dropout

For what its worth, Romano was adamant in his podcast with Gary Linekar, that he under no circumstances accepts money from agents or clubs as he's very conscious that if he started doing so his reputation would be tainted. 

To those who are trying to create trouble damaging the club, I ask, what have you done that is good for your club, why are you trying to harm it? If I am such a bad owner, what are you doing on your side? We all love Sheffield Wednesday and I am a supporter as well as the owner who must love and care for the club more than anyone else because of the position I am in as chairman. I must take responsibility for everything at the club, including the financial support which is something I always do. But from now, I will not put additional money into the club. If you say you are the owner and I am the custodian, then show me how to be the good owner and help save your club. You want me to leave but you want me to spend money? If you want me to leave, then show me how to run the club and invest the money before I do that. You have no right to ask me to leave. I am the one who saved the club and spent the money for the club, I am the one who needs to pay around £2m on average every month. Some fans need to have more respect for owners of clubs and not be so selfish, thinking of their own benefit without doing anything good to the club. 

What a piece of shit. Honestly, what a fucking state the Football League and National League is in terms of ownership. Cowboys all over the shop.