Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Once the current routes are closed as long as controlled routes are opened I am all for the current steps being taken.  At the moment we have criminal gangs profiteering and people drowning.  What ever needs to be to stop this should be done.  As I say as long as we then open up ligitimate ways for people to seek asylum. 

The way that they're attempting to seek asylum IS legitimate and has been for 72 years 

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

So we agree ?

Yeah but the number who do qualify is higher than the Government like to make out and why are they having to come on those boats instead of legitimate means ?

50 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Do you have sources for this so I can read up?  Or is this opinion?

A quick google has not turned up a clear article detailing the direction of travel since 2010 sadly, everything I’ve found seems to be focussing on how things get even worse with last years Nationality and Borders bill. If I do find something I will link it in here though.

as for those going on about the difference between economic migrants and refugees, I’m well aware of that distinction. Do you think the economic migrants from India, which made up around 40% of the total number of immigrants entering the U.K. in the last few years came by small boats across the channel?

59 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Do you have sources for this so I can read up?  Or is this opinion?

It would be worth looking at things like the ending of the Dubs amendment, 

this is a decent article on Theresa May's time as Home Secretary https://theconversation.com/even-before-brexit-theresa-mays-laws-made-britain-a-hostile-place-for-migrants-62467

57 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

100% - to add to your point, here’s a map of the countries where the punishment for being born homosexual can be as extreme as the death penalty (and of course the map of countries where persecution exists is depressingly much, much larger):

06766A8E-E30A-492C-BA17-725615475616.thumb.jpeg.321833cbc740665e82c32e6da2b43da4.jpeg

Aye.

I also hate the rhetoric that they are being held in hotels, or even 5* hotels.

Asylum seekers are not allowed to work, nor are they entitled to most if not all benefits.

Lets say they are in hotels, let’s say they are in a nice hotel and they do get Sky TV, food service, and access to things like gyms.

What do you expect them to do for however long their application takes which could be years, at the very least months? They literally have no money. Having some TV to watch or going to the gym to stay active should be the very least of things they are allowed to access. So should be having 3 meals a day. As I said they get no benefits, and they are not allowed to work, so how else are they able to survive?

Lock down should have told us that sitting at home watching TV and being allowed to exercise for 1 hour a day is not very nice long term.

For the record most asylum seekers if they are housed outside of detention centres (which are just effectively prisons) are housed in shitty B&B’s or bedsore that are full of ex prisoners and people that have addictions and are prone to violence. They are often in shitty areas where most people on housing association waiting list reject to live in.

It’s honestly now just a case of people going ‘I have little, so someone else should have nothing so that I’m not at the lowest level of the social and economic ladder’.

Edited by Stifler

Final Score officially scrapped today as well.

I can’t wait for them showing Songs of Praise and episodes of Eastenders with actors who are paid similar to Lineker.

Edited by Stifler

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

He’ll be back by next week. BBC can’t have all their football shows scrapped. They’ll cave. 

Hopefully the Premier League find them in breach of their broadcasting agreement.

Andy Townsend is starting up the tactics truck as we speak!