Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

39 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Regards Lineker, ultimately once the story / pundits become bigger than the show then decisions are made and taken, Lineker always been a nob and deserves everything he gets, as for Shearer and the rest of the self rightous little twats they can FRO as well , sick of them getting paid large sums for what? presenting a TV programme , none of them are god's , bout time Lineker got f*ckef off, he'll be okay though, can carry on with his La Liga show on Spanish telly !

Do you think the other presenters of other BBC programmes are on NMW?

Do you not think that they have to pay the going rate?

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What's up with Lineker? Seems like a sound enough bloke.

Probably because he is. Good to see his fellow pundits on MOTD are standing with him and not caving in to the tabloid frenzy. MOTD needs Lineker, it would be disastrous if they lose him.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you honestly think that the BBC is impartial or that it's the 'hard left' that want it to be destroyed, I'm not sure what la la land, upside-down world you're living in tbh. :lol:

I didn't say the only ones who want it destroyed, tbf, as I know what you're getting at.

I do believe it is, and has been, more-or-less as impartial as it's possible to be and certainly the most impartial, major news source in the World.

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

I didn't say the only ones who want it destroyed, tbf, as I know what you're getting at.

I do believe it is, and has been, more-or-less as impartial as it's possible to be and certainly the most impartial, major news source in the World.

Its been slipping since the 2010s and slowly becoming a right wing mouthpiece 

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

and we don't see the same rules applied for other BBC talent.  

Wasn't Maitliss sacked for impartiality reasons (not that she was talented)?

Edited by Ken Boon

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

The left doesn't want it destroyed though? It wants it to stop being destroyed as it currently is by being what it should be - truly independent. Seems a bizarre way to frame it, particularly when as you touch on, the right wants it gone and is in the process of literally doing exactly that. The left has literally no power in this whatsoever.

The BBC used to be much more impartial than it currently is, and was more impartial than most when it's actually covered events, but I don't think you can say that with a straight face about it anymore. They had Rishi Sunak mocked up in a graphic as Superman ffs :lol:

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

One for the politics thread, but I'm not really sure who are that "hard left" are in Britain.

Overton window and all that. Depending on who you're talking to, the Hard left is now perceived as either largely identity politics obsessives or literally just centrists.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Be interesting to see what the viewing figures turn out to be tomorrow night. 

It would be more interesting to see the viewing figures a month down the line if Lineker and his fellow pundits stayed off the show.

But I already think the BBC must have realised they made a massive rick and will be desperately trying to find a way to bring him back or risk losing him to other channels.

Bloke is perfectly entitled to airing his views on his social media as a citizen first and foremost as long as it isn't harming anyone directly, not that I agree with all of them.

Shame can't say the same about the Tory government in its record for harming its own citizens.

Edited by Amir_9

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

It would be more interesting to see the viewing figures a month down the line if Lineker and his fellow pundits stayed off the show.

But I already think the BBC must have realised they made a massive rick and will be desperately trying to find a way to bring him back or risk losing him to other channels.

The thing is though I want to watch it to hear what I hope will be loads of pro-Lineker chants.

Lineker has set himself up against BBC Management to see who has the biggest clout.  Someone's got to lose face (and their job?).  If I was BBC Management I'd cancel MOTD indefinitely, sack anyone who refused to fulfill their employment contract and save huge wages on Lineker, Shearer, Production, Commentators etc.  Due to the mandatory license fee, the loss of viewing figures has no impact on income. Job done !