Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Genuinely surprised people have been talking about us being as even as we are. I think NED is going to demolish us. Gakpo hatty incoming. 

The Netherlands have been bang average so far mind. Could have easily lost to Ecuador and were poor for an hour v Senegal. Nothing to be scared of.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Genuinely surprised people have been talking about us being as even as we are. I think NED is going to demolish us. Gakpo hatty incoming. 

Made up keeper, Davy Klaasen, no legs in midfield and Daley Blind are all rode vlaggen for me. They’ll probably still win though, especially if they score first. 

39 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I think the US has every chance - if they had a proper no9 I’d suggest they’d almost be evens.

They’ll need to press the Dutch hard mind. 

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

The Walker who has been one of the best right backs in the league for ages?

Walker is an athlete, he's fast or was fast. I don't think he's a very good footballer and I can't remember him ever  sending in a good cross. Walker is not an upgrade in any sense over Trippier except maybe in a back 3. TAA is an upgrade on Trippier going forward but he can't or won't defend. Just my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Walker is an athlete, he's fast or was fast. I don't think he's a very good footballer and I can't remember him ever  sending in a good cross. Walker is not an upgrade in any sense over Trippier except maybe in a back 3. TAA is an upgrade on Trippier going forward but he can't or won't defend. Just my opinion.

Walker is one of the best ever premier league right backs 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Decisions for Southgate to make for the Senegal game. Does he stick with the 433 that seems to working fine? Who starts wide out of Saka, Rashford and Foden? Who plays in the midfield?

Pickford

Trippier Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Saka             Foden            Rashford 

Kane

IMO 

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Pickford

Trippier Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Saka             Foden            Rashford 

Kane

IMO 

I reckon he will start Walker and Sterling unfortunately 

wouldn’t mind Philips in there if he opts for 3 in cm 

2 hours ago, jwclark2342 said:

Why do I keep imagining Pickford’s short arms is going to cost England the World Cup?

I for the life of me do not understand why Pope wasn't selected due to his form. Must be a real solid trust by Southgate and maybe the international experience of Pickford.

I do think we have enough about us to give the Dutch a good go. Our midfield is genuinely excellent and the likes of Pulisic, Weah, and Aaronson are capable of providing an attacking spark. Gonna have to beat them with speed and pure energy.

3 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I do think we have enough about us to give the Dutch a good go. Our midfield is genuinely excellent and the likes of Pulisic, Weah, and Aaronson are capable of providing an attacking spark. Gonna have to beat them with speed and pure energy.

Weah has a helluva workrate. Plus the Dutch were too stupid to call up Botman so I question their judgement.  :D

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Musah is barely 20 FFS. He is going to be something else. We played a blinder in convincing him to play for us.

Turned 20 today. Can’t wait to see how he develops. He has all the quantifiable attributes to be a top player. 

Edited by cubaricho

1 hour ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Musah is barely 20 FFS. He is going to be something else. We played a blinder in convincing him to play for us.

Has been your best player in the games I’ve seen. Ghana look like they’ve missed out hugely. 

5 hours ago, McDog said:

I for the life of me do not understand why Pope wasn't selected due to his form. Must be a real solid trust by Southgate and maybe the international experience of Pickford.

Pickford's just a better all round goalkeeper.