Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Pickford's a slightly better shot stopper in my opinion and commands his area a bit better. Pope is just a taller Shay Given for me (which is obviously by no means a bad thing), I just think given the more rounded nature of all the top keepers these days Pickford edges it for me. In terms if who I'd rather have at Newcastle....howay, that's an obvious one. The charver twat would throw the ball in the net.

I’d have both Pope and Given over Prickford.

11 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I do think we have enough about us to give the Dutch a good go. Our midfield is genuinely excellent and the likes of Pulisic, Weah, and Aaronson are capable of providing an attacking spark. Gonna have to beat them with speed and pure energy.

We do everything besides fucking finish. Need to let the mask slip and start kidnapping European babies. Get that fucking unit Vlahovic and give him a hot dog and a F-150. Fuck this shit.

Oh I should probably give Southgate some credit as well :lol:

Very happy with our comfortable journey through the group. 2nd game was beyond frustrating and some of Southgate's decisions still baffle me, but we got through easily and played some canny football. Fair play, we still mostly look very comfortable once it comes round to the tournament. 

He's given himself a few selection headaches now mind, genuinely intrigued to see the team on Sunday. Think he might mostly go with Rice-Bellingham-Phillips in midfield now but no idea re fullbacks (probably depends on the game) and no idea re wingers. Suspect it'll be Saka and Rashford next game. 

Edited by Interpolic

3 hours ago, Mike said:

We do everything besides fucking finish. Need to let the mask slip and start kidnapping European babies. Get that fucking unit Vlahovic and give him a hot dog and a F-150. Fuck this shit.

What a wonderful unique jumble of words 

25 minutes ago, Disco said:

Ben White has left the squad for personal reasons.

21 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Rest of the squad kept wanting to watch football and he's had enough of it.

Nah, "Cal, Tripps & Popey" have asked every single, squad player if they fancy coming to the toon except him 😉

5 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

:aww: we’ve got a good bunch of lads, man.

I know it's a small gesture in the grand scheme of things but it's a lovely sight to remind people that the general population of a country in a shitty way are normally not the problem.

Unless it's Mike.

6 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Oh I should probably give Southgate some credit as well :lol:

Very happy with our comfortable journey through the group. 2nd game was beyond frustrating and some of Southgate's decisions still baffle me, but we got through easily and played some canny football. Fair play, we still mostly look very comfortable once it comes round to the tournament. 

He's given himself a few selection headaches now mind, genuinely intrigued to see the team on Sunday. Think he might mostly go with Rice-Bellingham-Phillips in midfield now but no idea re fullbacks (probably depends on the game) and no idea re wingers. Suspect it'll be Saka and Rashford next game. 

Hope he sticks with a back 4 and not the awful 5-2-3. Not checked it out and I suppose it could be down to the teams we play when we use a back 5. But I heard our record when we go with a back 4 under Southgate is much better. 

On 30/11/2022 at 10:23, Hanshithispantz said:

Pope played twice in the run up and all the talk from neutrals was about how shite he was [emoji38]

I know Pope isn’t shite, but we have no reason to replace Pickford. The clamour for it is odd.

Pope fluffed his lines in the two games he had which was a shame. 

20 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pope fluffed his lines in the two games he had which was a shame. 

Was just the one rick vs Germany wasn't it? Can't think of much else he was at fault for. Was a big one tbf.

I'd have Pope over Pickford every day for club but let's be fair to the Washy charva, he has never let England down and will go down as one of our best ever keepers.

4 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Was just the one rick vs Germany wasn't it? Can't think of much else he was at fault for. Was a big one tbf.

I'd have Pope over Pickford every day for club but let's be fair to the Washy charva, he has never let England down and will go down as one of our best ever keepers.

The clamouring for other keepers is understandably at its most intense in our fanbase but it's no less weird.

He saved a fucking Jorginho pen in a final shootout ffs, he did everything he could to go down as a legend and would have if our pen takers hadn't fannied about/Donnarumma wasn't as good.