Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

Just now, TRon said:

Do Argentina actually have any strikers of note (apart from Messi)? They look toothless up front, no idea how they are so highly rated.

Not kidding, Jao Pedro would make them look 10x better.

Alvarez from City 

Just now, TRon said:

Do Argentina actually have any strikers of note (apart from Messi)? They look toothless up front, no idea how they are so highly rated.

Alvarez is on the bench as is Correa

Dybala too (though not really a striker)

Absolutely terrible match. So little quality. 

Tournament's been a let-down on the whole so far, like. I've not seen every one but there's only been like two matches I've enjoyed more-or-less from start to finish (Argentina/Saudi and England/Iran). So many uninteresting encounters. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely terrible match, like. So little quality. 

Tournament's been a let-down on the whole so far, like. I've not seen every one by there's only been like two matches I've enjoyed more-or-less from start to finish (Argentina/Saudi and England/Iran). So many uninteresting encounters. 

Did you not watch the match yesterday?

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Lautaro is really good, I think the problem is they can’t get the ball there at all. Dybala has to come in soon to take some attention away from Messi.

There's just so many spoiling sides that have the mid-season match fitness to pull it off.

Mexico are usually a good watch but they've got very little quality up top by their standards so have been instead been extremely good at nullifying this game completely through intensity and physicality.

As bad a game as you could ever see. Poor refereeing too.

That said the edge, the atmosphere and the scenario is enough for me.  I get entertainment out of such like all the same. Sometimes more than open games.

Maradona could take better set plays in those  charity kick-abouts a few years ago than Messi.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's strange, there's been a few dull games but also a few mint ones too 

Argentina/Saudi was great, last half hour of Germany/Japan, and the last few minutes of Iran/Wales - they're the only real interesting bits so far imo. Irritatingly I missed that goalfest between Portugal and Ghana tbf.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Argentina/Saudi was great, last half hour of Germany/Japan, and the last few minutes of Iran/Wales - they're the only real interesting bits so far imo. Irritatingly I missed that goalfest between Portugal and Ghana tbf.

Brazil were the best watch so far for me, at least for pure football