Group D: France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia (France and Australia qualify)

Big River

38 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Draw just leaves them needing to best Australia and they're through so I can definitely see them just playing for that

But that's going to be exactly the same scenario if they lose. :lol: There is literally no benefit whatsoever to Denmark getting a draw here. 

It's the same for US last night. A draw actually did nothing for them in the grand scheme of things. A draw is a good result for France in the same way it was for England - it's worth basically nothing for Denmark. They're better off giving it a go and trying to to win which leaves them only needing a draw in the last game.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

It's the same for US last night. A draw actually did nothing for them in the grand scheme of things. A draw is a good result for France in the same way it was for England - it's worth basically nothing for Denmark. They're better off giving it a go and trying to to win which leaves them only needing a draw in the last game.

Still agog they didn’t play that ball into the box one last time when they had that FK without time for England to counter.

Relatively toothless Denmark v Timewasting from the off convicts has the potential to be awful.

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Rabiot has been very good so far, he would be a nice addition to our midfield.

Rabiot has been great for the last couple of months for Juve too but he was bad for ageeeees before that. He's a player who saves his best form for when his contract is running out (end of this season) and for that reason I am skeptical. He's also a bit of a renowned knobhead.

Edited by ponsaelius

51 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Just don't see what this does for Denmark though. A point leaves them needing to beat Australia the same way a loss does. It's basically a free hit to try and get a victory and make their last game easier.

Fair point.

We (Denmark) have been desperately poor and a dissapointment so far. Too many players with weak mentality and too many unfit ones as well. Can't wait for this tournament to be over and get back to watching the Prem and Eddie's lads.

Wasn’t there loads of chat about him being incredibly humble when he broke through and not having the trappings of wanting to be a celeb footballer? There’s been a lot of bad press about him since the Real Madrid move fell through but have no idea if he’s a dick or not. Hanging out with Ivanka and Jared is as bad a look as you can get though 

Listened to a recent interview with him speaking about his wealth, etc. It came across as totally tone-deaf.

While he did come across as a knob, he is a 23 year old lad with grotesque amounts of wealth being chucked at him. A majority of young lads in his position would probably sound the same.

Similar to today, BBC1 showing France tomorrow whereas BBC2 are showing the much bigger Denmark vs Australia match, and Argentina on BBC1 tomorrow evening (which is more understandable), so I guess they'll automatically just select the 'bigger' nation on the main channels regardless of the circumstances. I'll definitely be watching the Aussie match tomorrow afternoon.

I wonder what other nations have done with the England match tonight. Iran vs USA generally had more riding on it so probably should have been prioritised, but probably wouldn't if other countries copy what the UK broadcasters do.

19 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Similar to today, BBC1 showing France tomorrow whereas BBC2 are showing the much bigger Denmark vs Australia match, and Argentina on BBC1 tomorrow evening (which is more understandable), so I guess they'll automatically just select the 'bigger' nation on the main channels regardless of the circumstances. I'll definitely be watching the Aussie match tomorrow afternoon.

I wonder what other nations have done with the England match tonight. Iran vs USA generally had more riding on it so probably should have been prioritised, but probably wouldn't if other countries copy what the UK broadcasters do.

Finland had England on main channel which I found baffling. Australia-Denmark the main game tomorrow though.