Group D: France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia (France and Australia qualify)

Big River

37 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Similar to today, BBC1 showing France tomorrow whereas BBC2 are showing the much bigger Denmark vs Australia match, and Argentina on BBC1 tomorrow evening (which is more understandable), so I guess they'll automatically just select the 'bigger' nation on the main channels regardless of the circumstances. I'll definitely be watching the Aussie match tomorrow afternoon.

I wonder what other nations have done with the England match tonight. Iran vs USA generally had more riding on it so probably should have been prioritised, but probably wouldn't if other countries copy what the UK broadcasters do.

Your channel changer still on the front of the box or something?

55 minutes ago, Disco said:

Your channel changer still on the front of the box or something?

Eh? It was just a continuation from a conversation from earlier today when others were 'baffled' that the Netherlands match was on ITV1 and the Senegal match with far more riding on it was on ITV4. If you have access to a TV then pretty much anyone can watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, ITV4 etc. but naturally, BBC1 generally does better viewing figures than BBC2, ITV1 more than ITV4 and so on, so it was interesting to see which matches ended up on which channels.

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Interesting weak French line up. Could get very interesting if Tunisia could get a win.

Yep, most people assume it's a strange shootout between Aus and Den and a draw for Aus would be enough, but if Tunisia win then a draw wouldn't be enough for Australia, likewise a win for Denmark might not be either.

Mind Tunisia are still 9/2 to win, so France reserves are still favourites, but it's a less daunting task than if they played them in the first two matches.

6 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Dear me, the Aussie Denmark game is like watching the Mackems in league 1. So slow, and yet no one can control or pass the ball.

sounds ripe for a pacy teenager to come off the bench, know any?