Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea (12/11/2022)

Disco

I was able to watch this with @Ameritoonsince he was in town. Went down to the soccer bar here where there are usually only about 5–10 NUFC people. Today there were about 40-50. Brilliant atmosphere. All the other clubs supporters were impressed with NUFC too. 

We’re well and truly on the up. No looking down boys. 

Our pressing is so great to watch. There's clearly a trigger when the ball goes to one of the defenders and we all press together as a team and usually win the ball back.

It's so alien to anything I can remember supporting Newcastle

Just now, joeyt said:

Our pressing is so great to watch. There's clearly a trigger when the ball goes to one of the defenders and we all press together as a team and usually win the ball back.

It's so alien to anything I can remember supporting Newcastle

Still surprises me every single time I watch us[emoji38]

There was a period in the 2nd where we just smothered them and they barely got out for 10 mins or so. 

Can tell the lads were physically exhausted by the end though. I'm actually glad we get a break to reset and go again after Xmas.

Edited by alexf

12 minutes ago, Memphis said:

That was a big boy performance. Swaggered around with real confidence and massive energy. Played like title contenders swatting away a smaller side. Just so proud of the entire group. Incredible work.

1-0 up with 10 minutes left against Chelsea,didn't feel any nerves. Honestly can't believe what's going on. Me sons 20 and I've told him to get back out on the piss cos this is the best times,reminds me of that first season back in the premier league

I've lost my voice, but lads we're actually mint. Didn't create that many chances but Willock scores a screamer, then we shit housed them out at the end. 

9 points clear of Chelsea, E I E I E I O 

Some on Twitter saying cheating ?? ffs we are pushing the limits and playing then game. if it were against us would I be annoyed hell yes I would but how many times has it happened to us. Fergie would have been lauded for winning ugly ( not that I think that’s what we done this evening. We seen out the game )

for me it’s no big deal we are managing the game, we’ll be on the end of it at some point no doubt… 

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

Mrs B is still working from home on Saturdays and had to apologise to a customer when i went mental at the goal [emoji38]  I love how we now are, it's what we've waited so long for.

Ha, I went daft in a pub in Manchester full of Chelsea fans. Wor lass was worried like. Telling me to chill. Pfftt ya daft