Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea (12/11/2022)

Disco

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Devastated there's such a long break.

I'm a prick and know I'll be in the minority but I really feel like I need it. :lol: It's been a fucking intense twelve months and the summer break barely seemed to last five minutes. Really congested schedule with game after game, a couple of occasions in quick succession where we've had three in a week... I feel a bit grateful for the breather tbh.

Obviously momentum could be halted when we come back, but at least we ended on such a huge win to put us 9 clear of a direct European rival, and far better than losing like say how we lost at Stamford Bridge last season and stewing on the result for 6 whole weeks. 

General football is so much better when your side is doing well, random other matches become so much more appealing and we've got a World Cup (the pinnacle to many) just around the corner, often 4 live matches per day (all on BBC / ITV), 5 or 6 of our players involved, 3 for the country where Newcastle is based, a lot to look forward to, and we can all be rest assured that wor Ed will be working very hard behind the scenes to make sure we hit the ground running as best as we can once we resume.

I've followed this club since around 1994 and can honestly say I've never been as invested or interested as I am at the moment. I can't get enough. :indi:

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm a prick and know I'll be in the minority but I really feel like I need it. :lol: It's been a fucking intense twelve months and the summer break barely seemed to last five minutes. Really congested schedule with game after game, a couple of occasions in quick succession where we've had three in a week... I feel a bit grateful for the breather tbh.

I’m sure the non international players do as well, crazy fixture list to shoe horn this World Cup in - then the cup starts up just days after it all finishes, absolute madness from a fixture perspective.

I mean to be able to turn sky on at 9pm on a Saturday night and see live football is mental.

14 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Hanging and spent a fortune, once again. Damn you Eddie Howe!

Massive shout out to @PRL who sorted me out with a ticket. Fantastic performance and great scenes at the end. :lol:

Ditto. I'm in a critical condition today. Hope I make it.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The break is class with us being 3rd. I'm going to milk it for all it's worth, proper showing off to random members of the public and everything.

I'm feeling like going on a nationwide round trip tbh. Now is the time.

Stood next to two old boys at Haymarket Bus Station that had bumped into each other for the first time since COVID, could’ve listened to them waxing lyrical about Eddie and the lads all night.

Arsenal Fan TV has a lot to answer for, I blame them for the standard internet pundit style is screaming in rage. We've all been there of course but still. If I was less self conscious I would set a fan channel up to be super chill to the point of parody 

Edited by Tiresias

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Stood next to two old boys at Haymarket Bus Station that had bumped into each other for the first time since COVID, could’ve listened to them waxing lyrical about Eddie and the lads all night.

This is up there with my favourite things in all of this, hearing the older generation absolutely buzzing over everything. I've mentioned it before, but I think if you asked my lass's dad who he loves more, Eddie Howe or his sons, there'd be an awkward pause. :lol: He absolutely loves the bloke, it's genuinely like witnessing the start of the Keegan era again.