57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, NWMag said:

Not sure if I’m missing something but shouldn’t we have been on track for 63 points after Wolves? Says on track for 62 before Wolves then 0 required but 1 point gained, but stays at on track for 62?

We originally needed 1 point at Wolves. It changed to 0 to keep us on track for 60 points because we got 1 at Brighton before it which was 0.

The remaining 'points required' is our best route to 60 points based on last season, the 'on track for' is what we're heading towards if we'd got the points we needed from the start of the season. Will probably have a play around with the 'points required' to include some draws since we got the 6 draws way too soon. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, Tiresias said:

a few more injuries and we are in trouble i stick to my prediction of 8th but starting to feel we should be disappointed with 9th

Totally agree . Mine was 9th but I'd be a wee bit miffed now . Win at the weekend and I'd believe top 6 is on 

Didn't realize how good our run is after the World Cup, some very winnable games in the 7 games following it.

Leicester (a)

Leeds (h)

Arsenal (a)

Fulham (h)

Palace (a)

West Ham (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Edited by 54

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We originally needed 1 point at Wolves. It changed to 0 to keep us on track for 60 points because we got 1 at Brighton before it which was 0.

The remaining 'points required' is our best route to 60 points based on last season, the 'on track for' is what we're heading towards if we'd got the points we needed from the start of the season. Will probably have a play around with the 'points required' to include some draws since we got the 6 draws way too soon. :lol:

Palace away was 1 point required, changed to 0. We are now 1 point off the pace so maybe a candidate to go back to 1 required?

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Palace away was 1 point required, changed to 0. We are now 1 point off the pace so maybe a candidate to go back to 1 required?

That would change it to 61 points we'd gain if we got all the remaining points required.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

How many games do we play before/after the WC? Continue and keep good to decent momentum please, then get some players back fit and get a quality signing or two and it’s looking very bright. 

Especially if the top teams look slightly tired post WC.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

How many games do we play before/after the WC? Continue and keep momentum please, then get sim players back fit and a stop quality signing or two and it’s looking very bright. 

We have 4 league games before the WC break. 

Spurs (a)

Villa (h)

Southampton (a)

Chelsea (h)

Palace in the league cup at home as well 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Spurs (a)

Villa (h)

Southampton (a)

Chelsea (h)

Cheers mate. Not too bad. 

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spurs (a) L - D if we perform

Villa (h) - W

Southampton (a) - D but capable of W

Chelsea (h) - W (its at home after all)

7 points from those 4 would be a good result. 8 amazing and keeps the unbeaten run intact. 

15 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I predicted 8th but I'm thinking 7th now. We're so solid. We're going to get some shit draws due to lacking in attack at times, but that's fine for 7th.

I always wanted us to go for 7th, and I think it's definitely on now. Can't really emphasise how impressive it would be though considering we'll have to finish above West Ham, and they've spent good money.

We've played Man City at home, and Liverpool, Man United, and Brighton away. Despite that, we have an almost 50% clean sheet record of 5 in 11 :lol: Not only that, but we're also wondering if Matt Targett's going to get a game, pretty unbelievable like. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

As the squad stands we'll need a bit of luck with injuries to make 7th.

Looking at the table - I hope Brighton can't hold the pace. I don't think Brentford will either. I think West Ham have have A LOT of fixtures this year which helps us.

If we can get 7 points before WC and win the LC - that would be great. Get the injured lads back for the Christmas run-in.

6th is of course doable after our start but it will take a big amount of good fortune to get there imo. 

It’s a weird season with the World Cup break and the squad is thin key areas as we all know. The intensity we play at will stretch this squad during the second half of the season, more so if you add in good cup run. Luckily for us we don’t have a full team of internationals but a few of our biggest players will be playing in good sides at the WC so might not come back as fit as we’d like.. it is of course a good chance to get Isak, ASM and Shelvey back to full fitness though. We saw last night that we conserved energy well during the second half by stepping off the press a bit and letting a toothless Everton use the ball, I have faith in Howe to manage this squad to get most of it while reducing the chance of injuries.. Jan window will be interesting to. Long story short with a good slice of luck, one of the usual top 6 hitting some bad form and we keep our key players fit there’s no reason we can’t hit 7th or even 6th.. I don’t expect it though. We are ahead of where I thought we might be during this transitional season but Id still be happy enough with top 10. 

Edited by Nine

I think 6th is a big ask, the Big 6 are still well placed to pull ahead of us, even those who have started badly. I just think they have more quality in depth which will make the difference over the season. Especially up front. Chelsea or Liverpool would never have to play someone like Murphy or Longstaff, both of whom are game lads, but they would struggle to get into a lot of PL teams, never mind the top 6.

The World Cup and January window will still play a big part in this season for us. If we can be 8th or above when the WC break comes around then I'll have every faith we will finish the season with European football. 

I would love to say 6th/Europa League is doable but I can't see what 'big 6' team finishes 7th or lower this season. Liverpool will surely pick up at some point, Potter has started well at Chelsea, Man Utd look decent so far under Ten Hag and will only get better, Spurs have the quality up top to stay clear of the team that's 7th. Arsenal look great and Man City will win the league.

If we're 6th, above or within 5 or so points in January and we recruit well, then maybe. But I can't see it.

3 minutes ago, lxsln said:

Say the League and the FA Cup are won by a top 6 team. Does the 7th get an EL spot and the 8th an ECL spot then?

FA Cup winner gets Europa League, League Cup winner gets Conference League. If FA Cup winner finishes in the top 5, then 5th and 6th will get Europa League. Only 1 English club can start in the Conference League from the get go so one of or both of those cup winners, as long as they finish in the top 6, will push the Conference League position to 7th.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

6 points from 4 would be great.

We'll get something from that Chelsea game, don't fear anyone at SJP. Sunday is or has been the only game I've looked at since Liverpool (a) where I don't expect us to get owt. 7 or 9 points from 4. :)

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

7th and the Euro Conference would be great. Should be able to get pretty deep using a second string and once it gets to the last 16 or so bring out the big guns and win the fucker.

As this current squad stands? You think they could get through to the last 16 of a European competition with Chris Wood flanked by Fraser & Murphy?