The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Are you aware of Sterling's record for England? Granted I wouldn't have taken Saka off - bad decision - but I'd have brought Sterling on.

Aye sterling is mostly class for England. Should have started ahead of foden arguably.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Are you aware of Sterling's record for England? Granted I wouldn't have taken Saka off - bad decision - but I'd have brought Sterling on.

He kept y’all in the Euros. Deserved the same chance at the WC. 

Edited by cubaricho

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I just feel in a world cup of 5 subs we massively underused our squad.

Rather then hold back and save energy we could have put teams to the sword for a full 90 mins.

Maddison, grealish, Rashford Gallagher, Wilson and more all their in our tool box

Yep, France’s biggest weakness was their injuries pre-tournament.  But he’s a reactive manager - despite the fact that c.70 mins you could see the momentum swinging the other way, he waited for France to score to change it.  Small ‘c’ conservatism at its finest.  The likes of Howe makes those changes around the hour mark

3 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

If only Goofy hadn’t gone along with the media’s campaign to get Walker in the team and Trippy out the team,he would have had Trippy on the pitch for that last minute free kick.

This is a weird take given Walker had Mbappe in his pocket all game.

Will be interested to see if Southgate stays or goes…I could see the logic either way. I don’t think he’s necessarily deserving of the sack, and he certainly deserved to bring the team into this WC. Might just be time for a change.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Sterling has been out of form for a while, not to mention the fact he inexplicably went home this week and there were ‘doubts’ about him coming back with his country in a World Cup QF. 

10 minutes ago, Ste said:

I don’t know how Southgate is getting stick here. Saka and Foden put the miles in, he absolutely had to make those changes. 

Why did he, if Saint Max and Almiron were destroying a team and it was 1-1, Howe wouldn't take them off.

5 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

I think it is time for a manager change now mind. Imagine a good manager in 4 years with: Foden, Saka, Bellingham etc. 

Only problem: which “good” manager could you get?

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

Will be interested to see if Southgate stays or goes…I could see the logic either way. I don’t think he’s necessarily deserving of the sack, and he certainly deserved to bring the team into this WC. Might just be time for a change.

I've always thought that no matter what happened, this tournament was the end of his lifecycle, and he would resign.

I hope people respect his achievements when he does go, and not stamp all over him, he's been a great ambassador for the English game.

Just now, ElDiablo said:

No we don't, we always look second best against the top sides. Tonight they looked and played like they thought they could win.

Genuine question - how old are you, I’m 49 and in my lifetime we’ve had some good managers and good performances against top teams but have very little or no results to show in my lifetime.

This is why I’m now £50 up with bets against us because whenever we come up against these teams I now expect to get beat every time.