The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

46 minutes ago, Decky said:

Really? Didn't know that. Bit of an odd rule. :lol: 

Really? It would be far more odd to me if you got a goal for scoring a pen in a shootout. 

Then again Germans include the penalties in the scoreline by adding them all onto the final match score, the utter deviants.

Edited by ponsaelius

27 minutes ago, dembabah said:

Modric was incredible, 37 years old and ran the show, i think he lost the ball once all match and he was on the ball all the time.

Brilliant, like prime Pirlo or Xavi.

And he stepped up and slotted his pen.

I love him so much. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Holloway said:

How does Messi deserve to win the world cup with Argentina ? He fucked off to Spain aged 10:and has been back for a fortnight"s holiday ever since

Because he's the greatest player to have ever played the game? And would already be a WC champion if he had abandoned Argentina and had chosen Spain instead.

Edited by Pata

24 minutes ago, STM said:

Every other nation has gone for pragmatism to win this tournament. Brazil went for the samba, dancing, fairies approach and rightly got dumped out.

Part of their problem is that Neymar is undroppable. When your star player offers nothing for 85 minutes, it's no suprise that you struggle.

If they actually decided to build a team out of hard working, pressing players, who were prepared to put a shift in and play football, they might get somewhere.

I've no sympathy, they didn't select Joelinton who would have been perfect for them today and they played Paqueta and Fred over Bruno who is twice the player of either.

Football has moved on, you don't get to just pick your flair players anymore. Fuck em.

I agree with this part, but it actually paid off with a goal in ET created and finished by him. However, from the minute you score that goal you need to fucking realize that he’s done his part. We have Martinelli who would’ve won every counter attack or even someone like Bruno to calm things down in possession.

Last World Cup I defended Titw as we deserved far more agianst Belgium (tonight as well tbh), but his planning for the penalties with Ney on the pitch killed us. That and the naivety of our players. 116th minute and there are 6 of them in their half. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

3.9 million people, and they've only been a country for 28 years. This is their 3rd WC semifinal. Fucking incredible, Croatia.

Proper Dogs of War they are.

Ho’way the cloggies

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

3.9 million people, and they've only been a country for 28 years. This is their 3rd WC semifinal. Fucking incredible, Croatia.

It’s absolutely the least tragic part of that country’s break-up, but Yugoslavia would have won a major trophy or two had it remained unified.  Certainly think they would have in the ‘90s

13 minutes ago, Pata said:

Because he's the greatest player to have ever played the game? And would already be a WC champion if he had abandoned Argentina and had chosen Spain instead.

I happen not to agree with that statement,but opinions are like arseholes. I don't think he's any more 'deserving"than the likes of Luka Modric