The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He is so utterly pathetic man. Thinks the whole world revolves around him and he's the only one that should have any sort of success. Revolting.

A horrible narcissist. History has been made and instead of congratulating the winners or consoling your teammates, you fuck off down the tunnel with cameras following you. A 37-year old man doing such shit.

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Morocco have tried to get the World Cup a few times. It would be a great host country - genuinely mad for footy. Casablanca derby has always been one on my bucket list.

I would love to see it, but no more tournaments in the middle of the PL season please.

42 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

If we do lose tonight I'll 100% be rooting for Morocco. Would be one of the greatest sporting achievements if they somehow won the world cup :clap:

Reckon there's an argument that them getting into the semi finals is the greatest WC achievement?

47 minutes ago, TRon said:

I would love to see it, but no more tournaments in the middle of the PL season please.

You wouldn't have to with Morocco. I've been there in the summer a few times, and it was fine. Many of their cities are quite pleasant in June and July. Casablanca, Tangiers, Rabat, etc. don't often get near 32C in June. Fes and Marrakesh would be the worst of the cities, and even then you are looking at 32C, which is no worse than some World Cups.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

I keep saying it but it's great that it's not just an African team doing well but a team from MENA region with huge support. It's been great for the tournament.

All Coz Sunderland invested in Africa, marra.

Just now, oldtype said:

Makes me happy just imagining that Moroccans are feeling what we felt in 2002. Every country in the world should get to experience that level of joy.

The U.S. only made the quarterfinals in 2002 but it was by far my most joyful experience following the team. That World Cup was something else.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

The U.S. only made the quarterfinals in 2002 but it was by far my most joyful experience following the team. That World Cup was something else.

As I recall my daughter came over at 4:00am to watch Germany edge us. That was a really fun run for sure.

10 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Makes me happy just imagining that Moroccans are feeling what we felt in 2002. Every country in the world should get to experience that level of joy.

Was an amazing experience as a young child to experience Seoul that day you beat Portugal. An experience I will never forget. Imagine being Croatian though. Three times in 24 years.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Was an amazing experience as a young child to experience Seoul that day you beat Portugal. An experience I will never forget. Imagine being Croatian though. Three times in 24 years.

Country of 4 million too. Like a district of Rio making the semis three times in five tries.

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

Since their existence and WC eligibility, there's a 43% chance of them making the semifinals. Small dataset, obviously.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls