Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 26/12/22 @ 3pm (Amazon Prime Video)

HaydnNUFC

When asked about Maddison after the victory over MK Dons, Davies said : "It’s just getting him up to speed. “He’ll be training this week. He’s good. He was training with England every session. He’s fine."

“He came back a little bit later than the other guys, so he wasn’t quite up to speed for starting [on Tuesday night], as they wouldn’t have been if they came back at the same time. I would expect [he will be available to play against Newcastle].”

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Didn't realise quite how good their form was coming into the break. They were W5-D1-L2 scoring 16 and conceding just 3. Has to be said it was a relatively decent run though, with the likes of Forest, Bournemouth, Everton and Wolves in there.

They've only won 2 at home against Forest and Leeds all season.  Scoring only 9 goals in their 7 home games.  

They have certainly been in much better form and I do feel a bit nervous going into it.  But like you say, they had a favourable run of fixtures.  

It will be a tough game and a proper test after the break.  But we have had harder games and got through them this season and we are favourites for a reason.  

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

They've only won 2 at home against Forest and Leeds all season.  Scoring only 9 goals in their 7 home games.  

They have certainly been in much better form and I do feel a bit nervous going into it.  But like you say, they had a favourable run of fixtures.  

It will be a tough game and a proper test after the break.  But we have had harder games and got through them this season and we are favourites for a reason.  

Nervous = excited nowadays. We’ll win this! :indi:

After looking at their forum I hope we smash them. Some nice comments mostly about Howe, but also saying Bruno wouldn’t get into their midfield, we’ve paid a fortune for such an average XI, and we’ve played each of our opponents at the exact right time plus the benefit of some questionable decisions.

48 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

After looking at their forum I hope we smash them. Some nice comments mostly about Howe, but also saying Bruno wouldn’t get into their midfield, we’ve paid a fortune for such an average XI, and we’ve played each of our opponents at the exact right time plus the benefit of some questionable decisions.

Their fans have always been a bunch of pricks just like their near neighbours Forest. Got a massive chip now that they are moving down the pecking order rather quickly and financially are unable to keep up. Two of their best players will be gone within six months at the latest and their main catalyst striker is showing his age. They will be fighting relegation in a year or two, fuck them.

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Their fans have always been a bunch of pricks just like their near neighbours Forest. Got a massive chip now that they are moving down the pecking order rather quickly and financially are unable to keep up. Two of their best players will be gone within six months at the latest and their main catalyst striker is showing his age. They will be fighting relegation in a year or two, fuck them.

Not what I've found, tbf. Got a good pal who's from Leicester and he, and his pals for that matter, are very pragmatic. 

Absolutely appreciated winning the league but know the limitations they're under now. Very complimentary to us on our upturn. 

Actually was a bloke on Talksport last night canny decent too. 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Not what I've found, tbf. Got a good pal who's from Leicester and he, and his pals for that matter, are very pragmatic. 

Absolutely appreciated winning the league but know the limitations they're under now. Very complimentary to us on our upturn. 

Actually was a bloke on Talksport last night canny decent too. 

Fair enough for you, but it is what I've found though my experiences in many visits to their ground (current and previous).

14 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Filbert Street was always a ground where there was trouble when we played there. Underneath their new family-friendly image they are still a bunch of snidey pricks.

Edited by Wandy