The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

37 minutes ago, LV said:

What about Chelsea? Chelsea could come right back into it. Forest could buy more players and surge up the league.

We’re going to be 12th at this rate 

Chelsea are all over the place this season. There's no way they finish top 4.

Long way to go yet but it does seem like Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea aren't at the races. Good gap between 4th and 5th now, that's what we want to maintain. 

Next 3 games against bottom half teams and that's a massive opportunity to make that gap even bigger. Just need to make sure we are take our opportunities against teams that just play for a draw, can't be doing with many more 0-0 results if we want to stay where we are now.

Man U strike me as over-reliant on single goal wins from Rashford. A ridiculous slice of refereeing also just helped them. If they are seen as automatic Top 4, much of that is the failings of Spurs, Liverpool etc., which would also apply to our Top 4 bid. I don't see Man U playing football that is more meritworthy than ours.

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

Man U strike me as over-reliant on single goal wins from Rashford. A ridiculous slice of refereeing also just helped them. If they are seen as automatic Top 4, much of that is the failings of Spurs, Liverpool etc., which would also apply to our Top 4 bid. I don't see Man U playing football that is more meritworthy than ours.

Since we lost to City in October, we've played 19 games in all competitons and won 16 of them. I would say that's why people see us getting top four rather than the failings of other teams. :lol:

We both had massive slices of luck at the weekend but would argue that we both deserved to win anyway.

Liverpool are done this season, their defence is the poorest by far in all the Klopp years. Their midfield is weaker too and Salah is beginning to falter while Nunez is incredibly unpredictable. Looking forward to more of Klopp’s rantings as the season goes on 

Edited by gbandit

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Does anybody realistically think we've got any chance of winning the league this season? Tempted to cash out my bet before it drops below what I initially put on.

No chance but I think we’ll get top 4

10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Does anybody realistically think we've got any chance of winning the league this season? Tempted to cash out my bet before it drops below what I initially put on.

Not realistic but still possible to dream about - Arsenal have Man City to play twice, as well as Manchester United next weekend. Lose two and draw one and they could get pulled into the group, although second fixture against City not til April. European football restarts and they have a paper thin squad without a lot of signings in January, particularly now Jesus may be out longer than expected. Man City are fully focussed on winning in Europe and feels at times like they aren't even that bothered about winning league (which seems insane) while an injury to Casemiro (much like with us and Bruno, sadly) could have something of a derailing effect.

Basically, not impossible, but if you've bet your house and are able to cash out at profit, I'd probably do that.

Edited by PRL

28 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Liverpool are done this season, their defence is the poorest by far in all the Klopp years. Their midfield is weaker too and Salah is beginning to falter while Nunez is incredibly unpredictable. Looking forward to more of Klopp’s rantings as the season goes on 

I'm loving the banter surrounding Nunez, but his general play is good and he's getting into brilliant positions every game. He isn't going to miss those chances for much longer. It will click for him.

Liverpool will hit back soon I think.

5 hours ago, Stottie said:

They've got tremendous depth in a lot of positions. Some great players and a manager who is at least - good.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Not a chance in hell mate 

It's just dawned on me that the whole 'cup or top 4?' question doesn't really make sense. We don't have a great deal of depth, but the cup is only potentially another 3 matches and we have half the season left, the answer should just be yes, both. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's just dawned on me that the whole 'cup or top 4?' question doesn't really make sense. We don't have a great deal of depth, but the cup is only potentially another 3 matches and we have half the season left, the answer should just be yes, both. 

They're not mutually exclusive and of course we can do both - we're favourites for the top 4 and favourites to make the final in the cup where it will be a one off game, but the question is more what would you value more if only one was available, like an opportunity cost scenario - which would you rather sacrifice if only one was possible, hypothetically.

I'd rather win the League Cup if only one of them was to be achieved this season.

I’d take the LC every fucking time . 

We have THE BEST* chance in my lifetime to win something, let’s go do it .

Couldnt give a shite if we miss 4th tbh. 

*Bruno injury is massive mind

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

There’s definitely a chance.

Depends how much you put on and if you are willing to soak up the loss of your stake. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Surely we all would, that trophy cabinet can’t just collect dust forevermore. Although, I don’t mean to discredit the Diriyah Season Cup as silverware doesn’t come more precious than that 

Kind of mixed on there. I guess those a little older will be more inclined to go for the cup, although I guess you could argue that finishing 4th could spearhead greater trophy success in the near future.

I think I might be addicted to looking at the Premier League table. I can't stop. Absolutely mad to think that this time last year I was doing exactly the same thing, trying to path our way to survival and now I'm trying to path our way to Champions League qualification. 

It's one of those things where I wish I could have known that future at the time and felt the full impact of how insane the revolution has been. It's the inverse boiled frogs thing for me at the moment, each week we're good, we perform, and we often get a result and I celebrate that on its own, but the overall position we're in hasn't kicked in yet, even though I know that it's insane. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Kind of mixed on there. I guess those a little older will be more inclined to go for the cup, although I guess you could argue that finishing 4th could spearhead greater trophy success in the near future.

That fella from the food bank speaks so well. 

Definitely a trophy for me, although I think we can do both (Bruno dependent)

7 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Finishing top 4 definitely speeds up the process by a couple of years to what I was expecting and the better option for the club. Would be shite for Liverpool or spurs to sneak in with how bad they've been as well.

Would love for this specific set of players to win a trophy though. You can't really ask for a more likeable squad and manager. Having a couple of local lads in the side as well as beating Man United. It would be perfect.