The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

27 minutes ago, LV said:

I reckon a few will be keeping them for next season 

Different ball game next season I feel. This season feels like a chance to be grabbed to speed everything up and skip forward with the build.

Next season I think I'll feel were established even if we drop a few places, know we'll just continue growing - whilst that's the case this season, the expediting things is unique. More 1995 under KK - nice to quali but not the end of the world and we'll be in the mix, even hungrier, next season.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

But if we lose 1-0 to Leicester and lose 2-0 to Chelsea, that +7 becomes +4 and Liverpool could easily hammer Southampton. 

Lads if you get to this level of handwringing it’s time to take a step back. :lol: 

Am I reading the table wrong or do Liverpool need to win their next game by 7 goals to catch Newcastle even if we lose the last two?

Edit: That seems to be the case!

Edited by McDog

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

Am I reading the table wrong or do Liverpool need to win their next game by 7 goals to catch Newcastle even if they lose the last two?

IF Newcastle lose, then it would depend by how many goals. Liverpool wouldn’t then need to score 7.

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

Am I reading the table wrong or do Liverpool need to win their next game by 7 goals to catch Newcastle even if they lose the last two?

If Newcastle lose both we would be at least -2 on our GD, so 5 goals 

Just now, Manxst said:

IF Newcastle lose, then it would depend by how many goals. Liverpool wouldn’t then need to score 7.

Man, sometimes I do not think things through.

Of course, if we get shelled we get caught. Just get a point against Leicester and bob's your uncle.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Other than earning a couple million extra in prize money, is there any meaningful benefit to finishing 3rd instead of 4th? (Apart from the glory of it being a better achievement).

1) Money is nice and 2) let's do it anyway are the other main reasons :)

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Other than earning a couple million extra in prize money, is there any meaningful benefit to finishing 3rd instead of 4th? (Apart from the glory of it being a better achievement).

For you English lads and lasses I would think so. For me, it's 2M more, in the larger scheme of things not that important.

23 minutes ago, McDog said:

Am I reading the table wrong or do Liverpool need to win their next game by 7 goals to catch Newcastle even if we lose the last two?

No.

First of all if we lost our final 2 games, we would then be only 5 goals ahead of Liverpool, and that is only accounting for a 1 goal defeat in both games.

Secondly, they play Southampton.

53 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

So basically assuming we didn’t get anymore points in the last 2 games we would just have to maintain our +7 goal difference? Not that I think this will happen, I think we’ll win Monday and at least draw v Chelsea.

If we don’t get any more points and Liverpool get plus seven then I don’t have a problem saying we don’t deserve it.

Not gonna happen though, we need one point ffs 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No.

First of all if we lost our final 2 games, we would then be only 5 goals ahead of Liverpool, and that is only accounting for a 1 goal defeat in both games.

I know, I didn't think that through. They could win by a few goals at St Mary's easy.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No.

Southampton’s biggest defeat this season is 4 - 1 and that was us and Man City. Liverpool need to do something nobody else has done this season.

When will people just stop worrying and enjoy the place we’re in?

32 minutes ago, McDog said:

Liverpool's GD is only in the same post code as ours because of the 7 they put past that disgraceful Man Utd side, most of their recent wins have been by a single goal.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Just now, Gawalls said:

Southampton’s biggest defeat this season is 4 - 1 and that was us and Man City. Liverpool need to do something nobody else has done this season.

When will people just stop worrying and enjoy the place we’re in?

I was responding to the question.

I think we’ll at least draw on Monday night.

I also think we are capable of drawing against Chelsea on the final day.

2 games to go, and only a single point needed to qualify for the champions league is absolutely astounding really. Season has been one of the best in decades.

Or 2 games to go before the premier league knows how big a points deduction it needs to give us.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I was responding to the question.

I think we’ll at least draw on Monday night.

I also think we are capable of drawing against Chelsea on the final day.

Fair enough - it just annoys me slightly because we’ve had an amazing week with the Brighton and Liverpool result and we’re 99% of the way there but we still get pages discussing the 1%.