The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ah man, I hate it when events that I've selected from around 30 years ago and occured over the space of a few months, repeat themselves with a different owner, manager and team. It's the worst.

Like the cup final this season and the cup finals in the 90s? and Liverpool's continuing good fortune with officials and England losing on penalties. History never repeats itself.

*Not even saying we wont do it, just saying being worried is natural for football fans, especially with our history and being all Terry Christian about it until its done isn't for everyone. Especially as some of those have slaughtered us for drawing games this season.

Edited by Wolfcastle

We're 1/16 to finish top 4 with PP. 

If anyone is still a little wobbly about it you can get 12/1 on City, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool to make up the top 4 on skybet. Pile in gentlemen

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Ah man, I hate it when events that I've selected from around 30 years ago and occured over the space of a few months, repeat themselves with a different owner, manager and team. It's the worst.

Yep. It’s a completely new era.

We need to shake off the old mentality. Eddie and the team have. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Like the cup final this season and the cup finals in the 90s? and Liverpool's continuing good fortune with officials and England losing on penalties

We lost two FA Cup finals in 98 and 99, then a League Cup final in 23? Definetly some cosmic voodoo going on there like.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

me too.

1. fucking hate liverpool and have done for nearly 50 years

2. manu are too big and will spend stupid money even if they miss out on the champions league

3. liverpool not making CL will really affect their finances and buying power

4. fucking hate liverpool.

Next season is Klopps last with Liverpool and will return to Germany, they also have money problems and the fans are on the owners back. Not all is well there.

Pretty much identical performances and identical results that you imply is an impossibility which demonstrably is not.

Nobody arguing it isn't a quirk. In fact that's exactly the point.

Edited by Wolfcastle

9 minutes ago, midds said:

If anyone is still a little wobbly about it you can get 12/1 on City, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool to make up the top 4 on skybet. Pile in gentlemen

Post of the night right there.

I’m the opposite to most people in here at the moment.

When we beat Arsenal at the weekend, I just cannot see us loosing or drawing again this season.

80 points and third in the bag,

For so much of the season, I've not given the Champions League a second thought and written it off as an absolute bonus. Now after plenty of premature shouts it's genuinely within "touching distance".

Regardless of any other results, we need to take care of business and after winning 8 of our last 9 I don't see too many reasons why we won't.

This has been our most positive season since I was a boy. Now obviously, given our position, in the unlikely event we miss out on fourth I'd be gutted because it'll have meant the wheels completely came off, but regardless the bigger picture is so bright it wouldn't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things.

We've got Arsenal on Sunday, it's 2nd v 3rd and I'm genuinely excited for what should be a brilliant game of football, regardless of that result. I can't remember feeling like that for years.

So I apologise if I get a bit agitated with people whining about the transfer market (coming soon, again), constantly worrying about other results or panicking about the absolute worst case scenario, but it sucks the enjoyment out of what has been an absolutely sensational season that has surpassed virtually all expectations. 

Yes the worst case scenario occasionally occurs, but that scenario is fifth and European football, plus it's very remote. Flip it on its head and we're potentially looking at third. I appreciate nerves play a part, but how can you not find that exciting?

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For so much of the season, I've not given the Champions League a second thought and written it off as an absolute bonus. Now after plenty of premature shouts it's genuinely within "touching distance".

Regardless of any other results, we need to take care of business and after winning 8 of our last 9 I don't see too many reasons why we won't.

This has been our most positive season since I was a boy. Now obviously, given our position, in the unlikely event we miss out on fourth I'd be gutted because it'll have meant the wheels completely came off, but regardless the bigger picture is so bright it wouldn't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things.

We've got Arsenal on Sunday, it's 2nd v 3rd and I'm genuinely excited for what should be a brilliant game of football, regardless of that result. I can't remember feeling like that for years.

So I apologise if I get a bit agitated with people whining about the transfer market (coming soon, again), constantly worrying about other results or panicking about the absolute worst case scenario, but it sucks the enjoyment out of what has been an absolutely sensational season that has surpassed virtually all expectations. 

Yes the worst case scenario occasionally occurs, but that scenario is fifth and European football, plus it's very remote. Flip it on its head and we're potentially looking at third. I appreciate nerves play a part, but how can you not find that exciting?

:clap:

1 hour ago, midds said:

took the 12/1 £20 wins £260 Hope I don't have to collect on the bet

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

At this point, even if we finish 5th it's still an amazing season, but the concern for me would be the psychological impact on the team, losing so many points in such a short period of time at such a crucial part of the season, how do they go into the office season, hows the moral.

I'm sure Howe will be able to steady it all, but there's definitely elements of the fans that would be vocal about how they feel after a poor run of 5 games that it would take.  And again, 5th would still be an absolutely amazing achievement considering most had a goal of top 10 at the start of the season

4 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Genuine question for those still not confident/fretting, what were yous like in 2001-02? Hate to think what this place would've been like after those draws to Ipswich, Villa and Fulham. :lol:

The only time I thought we were at risk that season once it was clear we'd be competing was when we went 0-2 down at Derby. It was pretty straight forward otherwise. 

People aren't actually worried about Brighton are they? If we take 2 wins as our baseline (anything less than that and we don't deserve to qualify anyway), that'd mean Brighton would need to win 5 and draw 1 of their last 6 games and then have to rely on their GD overtaking us. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

People aren't actually worried about Brighton are they? If we take 2 wins as our baseline (anything less than that and we don't deserve to qualify anyway), that'd mean Brighton would need to win 5 and draw 1 of their last 6 games and then have to rely on their GD overtaking us. 

Plus you factor in their run in, they'd do very well to even get to 67-69 points

Arsenal (a)

City (H)

Us (a)

Villa (a)

That's 4 tough fixtures, the other two are easy, Everton (H) and Southampton (a)

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

I don't get the stress or worry. :lol:

I mean of course mathematically it's possible, but the chances of either one of Liverpool or Brighton winning every single game as well as making 10-12 goals on us is very, very slim. 

The chances of us not winning 2 more games is also very, very slim. 

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't get the stress or worry. :lol:

I mean of course mathematically it's possible, but the chances of either one of Liverpool or Brighton winning every single game as well as making 10-12 goals on us is very, very slim. 

The chances of us not winning 2 more games is also very, very slim. 

I do think Liverpool win all their games to finish on 71 points but I also think we get at least the 7 from a possible 15 that we need

3 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

took the 12/1 £20 wins £260 Hope I don't have to collect on the bet

Essentially hoping you are paying £20 for us to finish in the top 4