The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

They are actually kind of fucked at the moment.

Both starting CB's are out for the season.

Shaw is having to start in CB, which means Dalot plays at RB, and they lose all the attacking support Shaw does when he plays in that position.

They then play Wan-Bissaka at LB, and while solid at the back, he can't support anything in attack.

Rashford is out and he was there man source of goals, especially so since Martial and Weghorst can't hit a barn door.

Sancho and Antony haven't hit anything like the level they should have, and don't really contribute anything in an attacking, or atleast don't on the regular.

Eriksen is playing despite seemingly not being back to full fitness.

Varane is back tomorrow 

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

RAWK thinks Liverpool are hard done to by referees. 

Worst advertisement for a set of fans imaginable. That website has some value as a source of comedy but if taken at face value, the fans are amongst the most mental collective I’ve ever come across 

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

In all seriousness, 4 points would set us up needing a win against Leicester on the Monday night. I’d definitely take that.

6 points would set us up better! Then we can steamroll Leicester for our last home game of the season in all seriousness 😉 :indi:

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Worst advertisement for a set of fans imaginable. That website has some value as a source of comedy but if taken at face value, the fans are amongst the most mental collective I’ve ever come across 

I was on there last week (before us and Man U lost) and they were so confident of getting top 4. Please please please can we get top 4 so at least 1 set of arrogant fans can be laughed at?

Not gonna lie, I've not really been fussed about actually being in the Champs League next season, it was just finishing in the top 4 to spite the other lot that has been so appealing to me this season. But watching the Man City v Real Madrid match this week really got me thinking how great it would be seeing us at the likes of the Bernabeu again. So it's going to be pretty gutting if we somehow blow it. Let's get the job done over the next 3 games, please.

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Not gonna lie, I've not really been fussed about actually being in the Champs League next season, it was just finishing in the top 4 to spite the other lot that has been so appealing to me this season. But watching the Man City v Real Madrid match this week really got me thinking how great it would be seeing us at the likes of the Bernabeu again. So it's going to be pretty gutting if we somehow blow it. Let's get the job done over the next 3 games, please.

Have we ever played Real Madrid?

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Have we ever played Real Madrid?

Nah, but I'd love to get them in a game next season. The Bernabeu is the best stadium in the world IMO.

A whole generation have missed out on what’s it’s like to be in the CL and watch your team take on the best teams in Europe. 

I was lucky enough to go to a fair few of the games in both the previous stints and it’s pretty amazing to watch Newcastle play the very best teams from Europe. The PL wasn’t as dominant in those days so I guess the balance of quality is a bit different but still - it would be class.

3 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

A whole generation have missed out on what’s it’s like to be in the CL and watch your team take on the best teams in Europe. 

I was lucky enough to go to a fair few of the games in both the previous stints and it’s pretty amazing to watch Newcastle play the very best teams from Europe. The PL wasn’t as dominant in those days so I guess the balance of quality is a bit different but still - it would be class.

Not necessarily CL but just Europe.

53 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Pretty sure it's Brighton

He was asked would he take 4 points from the next two (Leeds and Brighton). We'd be following that up with Leicester at home, we'd all take that surely? 

1 hour ago, NEEJ said:

Could in theory be as good as done by Monday night. We win, then Arsenal turn Brighton over before Leicester rally to beat Liverpool. :kurt:

We would still need a draw in that scenario.