The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Last one before heading out. Posted in the match thread;

To finish in the top 4 we have to win 2 out of 3 games of football. 2 of those games of football are night time home matches. The other 1, although we'd prefer not needing a result due to the pressure, is away at a Frank Lampard managed side who are currently losing at home to the worst away team in the league. That is also assuming another team wins all of their remaining games.

Make SJP a fucking cauldron next 2 games.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

If we lose the next 2 and assuming Liverpool win the next 2 then it isn't in our hands 

That's not how "in our hands," works.[emoji38]

Just now, The Prophet said:

Absolutely no reason to fear this Chelsea side either.

No reason to fear Fat Sam's Leeds. 

Chelsea will take great delight if they can help make us miss out on CL....in fact i'd say its in the clubs benefit to do so. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Chelsea will take great delight if they can help make us miss out on CL....in fact i'd say its in the clubs benefit to do so. 

Would it not be more in Chelsea’s benefit for Liverpool/Manchester reds to be playing on Thursday/Sunday more than us 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I don’t think Chelsea will give a fuck tbh 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I called people bet wetters for their hysterical reactions, flawed logic and revelling in negativity as much as anything else.

I'm debating leaving the forum at the end of the season to be honest. Some top folk post on here and it had a band of brothers feel to it during the Ashley years, but it's genuinely sucking the enjoyment out of supporting us these days.

I’ve been questioning myself a bit about that too for the first time ever.

I can’t stand the constant negativity. I’m positive but know we’ll lose at times and can take it on the chin but there’s some that can see a reason why we’d lose every game and worry about every team we play. It’s relentless and it sucks the life out any enjoyment and excitement. 

Have some belief, take the losses on the chin, believe we’ll be better next time. Everything is not bad forever. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I called people bet wetters for their hysterical reactions, flawed logic and revelling in negativity as much as anything else.

I'm debating leaving the forum at the end of the season to be honest. Some top folk post on here and it had a band of brothers feel to it during the Ashley years, but it's genuinely sucking the enjoyment out of supporting us these days.

I wasn't calling you out specifically at all, you have some good opinions worth sharing here, as do many others. I think a lot of us (me included) need to stop worrying, being wound up, or enraged by differing opinions to our own. After all, the beauty of this place is in the range of posters, and opinions expressed. 

Of course there are exceptions, but I don't feel many are revelling in negativity, they might just be more pessimistic than someone like yourself. But then we've had more than a decade of nothing but misery, so maybe it is a comfort blanket to some [emoji38]

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Would it not be more in Chelsea’s benefit for Liverpool/Manchester reds to be playing on Thursday/Sunday more than us 

They've always had those teams competing against them for a CL spot. If we get in this year it strengthens us to do it year on year, pushing a team like Chelsea out. 

I’m down to a 7.  I had us winning that comfortably. And we didn’t look good imo. Played with nerves. Forced a lot. 

Never fancied us against Brighton. In my mind I would’ve been happy with 1 point. Some injuries and fixture congestion/rotation will help us mind. 

Leicester is a must win obviously. 

Chelsea. If we had already qualified for the CL we would win comfortably. If we needed a win? No Idea how we would perform. 

Do fancy Liverpool to drop points somewhere. They’ve not been good as the WWWWWW suggest. 

Bit worried as the gap is closing but it's still well within our hands.

What's playing on my mind a bit is how likeable this group is, it would be great if they can pull it off, they really deserve it after the performances all season. Bit of extra jeopardy for me, just be a shame if they're remembered as having "failed". Mad that 5th would be seen as a failure, would've snapped your hand off for it start of the season.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

They've always had those teams competing against them for a CL spot. If we get in this year it strengthens us to do it year on year, pushing a team like Chelsea out. 

I'm not sure Chelsea's lot will be reading into it that deeply.

9 minutes ago, duo said:

If you're not going to win - don't loose. Brighton was always a game we needed to win.

Nah.  Had we won today a draw would’ve been fine. Then win against Leicester. 

It’s still must not lose rather than a must win. Other results could go our way. But a Win will have us at match point. 

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Chelsea will take great delight if they can help make us miss out on CL....in fact i'd say it’s it in the clubs benefit to do so. 

Not getting the vibes from their players that they give a fuck about Chelsea never mind Newcastle. 

3 games to go, 1 at a time lads. Enjoy the ride. Imagine the feeling if we make it. Eddie will be working his arse off now till Thursday to get us over the line. 

I definitely get being nervous about it, I am too, but I don't know how some of.you go about your daily lives being so fatalistic. Take some Prozac ffs

Edited by Ameritoon