The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

How do Braga fall into that category for you?

Haven’t played them; would be a cracking away game; outside of the ‘big three’, they’re as successful as any other Portuguese club

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Haven’t played them; would be a cracking away game; outside of the ‘big three’, they’re as successful as any other Portuguese club

Also, isn't their stadium built into a cliff or something insane?

I only want Europa because of the extra revenue and co-efficients.

I absolutely do not expect us to be able to win it. And it's more detrimental to league form than Conference League.

Conference League we should be able to win it. And pre-Christmas it offers an excellent opportunities to give minutes to youngsters and squad players.

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ah yes, I always get them confused with Maritimo for some reason, so was thinking we’d played them.

23 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Chelsea’s next two games they could easily lose, but they could just as easily win as well. I don’t think you can write Chelsea off just yet.

Agreed.

One huge advantage is they are never far off a mental collapse. And they have bad injuries too.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed.

One huge advantage is they are never far off a mental collapse. And they have bad injuries too.

True, but I still wouldn’t be surprised if they win every game now, especially if Palmer is back.

I also think we will drop points.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

True, but I still wouldn’t be surprised if they win every game now, especially if Palmer is back.

Too inconsistent and not enough heart.

They could win 4 of their remaining 6 fixtures. But which 4? No idea.

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

I had no idea Palmer wasn't playing against Arsenal. The lucky fucking bastards.

If wouldn't surprise you if Chelsea win 6 games in a row, despite never looking like doing that all season? :lol:

Stiffy, this is one of those worried Newcastle fan posts, where you imagine the worst case scenario and run with it. TBF, I did it during the run last season.

Newcastle will 100% drop points, possibly tonight, but we are better placed to pick ourselves up.  Even if we lose against Palace, we couldn't have a better fixture than SU to recover.

I'd be surprised if we don't get 3 wins, which will be enough IMO.

Just as likely that they lose badly at Villa on Saturday and go into a tailspin for the remaining five games.

I’m more focused on Man U than Chelsea. Even with Palmer back I don’t see them going on a run. They seem to be more motivated against top teams and never show up consistently against anyone else. They have also had an amazing bit of luck with penalties. I love Palmer don’t get me wrong but 9 goals from penalties is something. Every game they seem to get an interesting call go their way. 

I think we can all rely on our boy Nicolas Jackson. Also Mudryk and Sterling. All 3 have been abysmal most of the season. 

Hang on I’ve just had a look at their schedule. Winning all 6? That would be extremely unlikely haha.

Villa, Spurs, West Ham(who have been dipping lately, but still a good squad). I don’t think you can consider Brighton an easy match. They always seem to show up against Chelsea. Bournemouth with the form Solanke is in. Even Forest aren’t an easy side and especially now since they are one point out of the relegation zone. 

We also have like 15 better goal difference. 

I’ve gone from not really worried about Chelsea to not at all worried. We just need to focus on beating all the bottom tier sides we have coming up. 

I think it all comes down to the Man U game for 6th. If we avoid defeat we'll get it, if not Man U will. Regardless, 10 pts from the last six games should be enough for 7th.

No way are Chelsea winning

Villa (A)

Spurs (H)

Brighton (H)

Bournemouth (A) 

All of them will give them a game, they'll definitely drop points. Just can't see them catching us, Man Utd however I can see scabbing more points than they deserve.

Need to respond to that tonight with at least 7 points from our next 3 games going into Man Utd away. Man Utd have some tough games remaining too which will hopefully help. 

thought CP would be our most difficult fixture remaining but that was also one of our worst performances of the season 

hopefully CP will also batter Man U, though they're jammy enough to get something no matter how poorly they play 

hard to think about 6th after that performance tonight 

22 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

It's going to be awesome (not really) when we lose to Palace tomorrow and go from debating which European competition we want to be in to whether the manager is worthy of his job.

Wonder if more people would be happy with the Conference now?!

2 easy games, another against a shit show then 2 tough games where Howe will get out coached. So we will need to rely on Isak and Gordon.

5 minutes ago, TRC said:

2 easy games, another against a shit show then 2 tough games where Howe will get out coached. So we will need to rely on Isak and Gordon.

You have a real high opinion of the gaffer after his spell so far at Newcastle I take it? I guess not.

9 minutes ago, McDog said:

You have a real high opinion of the gaffer after his spell so far at Newcastle I take it? I guess not.

I do, I just think he has too many basic errors that hold us back

Still between us and Man U for 6th after tonight. I think we'll be level on points when we play them, so winner takes all.......