The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Thinking about the Chelsea game, if it comes down to the final day, it will still be Lampard in charge and there's no way Eddie is getting outdone tactically you'd think. Plus they have nothing to play for, so the game is really there for the taking if we turn up as the team that we've consistently seen this season. I see it as the easier 3 points than the Brighton game at home.

Chelsea are shit with the worst manager in the league. 

The problem is our own nerves and performances.  If we need to win it would mean we’ve won 1 in the last 4 before it and have Liverpool winning 8 in a row most likely.  

I'm still confident, its still in our hands with winnable games left, and am in the "we've blown a fantastic chance if we don't" camp.

However, the easiest way to blow a fantastic chance is to have a non-CL squad to start with and be hampered by FFP when it looks like its on. If Tottenham, Liverpool etc. are chasing CL and a bit light, they do not buy minus one player in January. We did, and it was all we could do after years of squad and commercial mismanagement, in a system that is rigged to help established clubs. In spite of this, most of these clubs show contempt to PL and can't wait for a super league to start up. 

Whatever happens, CL or no CL, they will be disparaging comments from others, so just ignore them.

6 hours ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Good to see the Chelsea game getting mentioned as it seems to be forgotten we have a very winnable game on the final day. 

Any game is winnable, but I'd prefer not having to rely on beating a team full of international superstars on their own patch tbh. Especially if they know they can deny us the CL place which they assumed was theirs by right over the last couple of decades.

At this point I'm pinning my hopes that Liverpool will come a cropper in their next game or two just to ease the pressure. To me none of our remaining games look easy, although a couple of weeks ago with a fully functioning midfield I'd have fancied us to win all of them.

7 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

For me, it'd be like when I'm obsessed with a TV show but it ends badly, so I'll inevitably never re-watch that show again. If we finish 5th, the pain will be so strong that I'll try to forget it ever happened.... that'll be called 'wrong' but whatever, we all deal with things differently :lol: 

Yep completely agree , even though it’s been a brilliant season you get judged on how it ends, so I think finishing 5th now would make it hard to look back on the season with any fondness , it’s the same with the cup final . Would be a massive shame .

7 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Thinking about the Chelsea game, if it comes down to the final day, it will still be Lampard in charge and there's no way Eddie is getting outdone tactically you'd think. Plus they have nothing to play for, so the game is really there for the taking if we turn up as the team that we've consistently seen this season. I see it as the easier 3 points than the Brighton game at home.

Once Poch is officially confirmed you might see a few players trying to make an impression as they know he'll be watching. Chelsea are proper shit but I still see it as our hardest remaining game.

Just now, Heron said:

People thinking Chelsea isn't a winnable game are also naive.

Any game is winnable. I'd rather have to beat Bournemouth or Notts Forest though if I had the choice.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Any game is winnable, but I'd prefer not having to rely on beating a team full of international superstars on their own patch tbh. Especially if they know they can deny us the CL place which they assumed was theirs by right over the last couple of decades.

At this point I'm pinning my hopes that Liverpool will come a cropper in their next game or two just to ease the pressure. To me none of our remaining games look easy, although a couple of weeks ago with a fully functioning midfield I'd have fancied us to win all of them.

Haway man. Chelsea have won 1 league game in the last 8 or 9. Worst manager in the league. They have bags of talent but there’s nothing to fear. 

28 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Win our next 2 home games, and Chelsea game is irrelevant.

But think Chelsea game is winnable. Atmosphere is going to be toxic for them. 

Surely there’s more chance that the atmosphere is just flat or listless, rather than toxic?

Which might actually help us in all fairness.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

People thinking Chelsea isn't a winnable game are also naive.

I think it’s winnable. I just don’t think it’s gonna be as easy as some make it sound on here. Hopefully done before the last game. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think it’s winnable. I just don’t think it’s gonna be as easy as some make it sound on here. Hopefully done before the last game. 

Of the three remaining games, it's the second-best fixture.

Chelsea at home has drawn to Forest, Everton and Lost to Brentford, Arsenal, Brighton, Villa and Southampton.

Best results have been beating Bournemouth and Leeds at home and getting a point at home against Liverpool.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Of the three remaining games, it's the second-best fixture.

Chelsea at home has drawn to Forest, Everton and Lost to Brentford, Arsenal, Brighton, Villa and Southampton.

Best results have been beating Bournemouth and Leeds at home and getting a point at home against Liverpool.

Yeah probably, when considering how good Brighton can be. My thinking is because of Chelsea being an away game and how slow and off the pace we have started most games away recently. 

Leicester are capable of good football and I think Maddison at least will be well up for it. They shouldn’t be down there. Hopefully they’ll score first and the crowd will lift them. Go behind and the white flag will likely appear.

Liverpool have had plenty of shock losses this season, teams fighting at the bottom often pull out unexpected results at the end of the season and Brighton waltzing up to the Emirates and thrashing Arsenal on top of Everton waltzing into the Amex and thrashing Brighton should show that nothing is certain.

If the referees/VAR/Lucas Moura hadn't helped Liverpool so ridiculously lately, they would be out of the equation completely already. That's what would make it so hard to take if we don't finish top 4. How fucking lucky can one club be ffs?

They say these decisions/luck evens itself out, so here's hoping they get fucked over at least once before the seasons out. Not holding my breath on that one though tbh.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Liverpool have had plenty of shock losses this season, teams fighting at the bottom often pull out unexpected results at the end of the season and Brighton waltzing up to the Emirates and thrashing Arsenal on top of Everton waltzing into the Amex and thrashing Brighton should show that nothing is certain.

Leicester have had more shock results - Liverpool won't get beat tonight, difference between Liverpool and Brighton is Liverpool are experienced in getting over the line as this current run is showing.

Edited by Gawalls

DWD will do us.

as i mentioned in the brighton thread - we need to take the pressure off and not treat this game like a must win.

the Leicester one on the other hand....