The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Liverpool are shite away from home, 12 points from 14 games, but usually do well against Chelsea. Chelsea may also attack them, which plays into Liverpool hands. Pace on the counter is their main weapon.

A boring 0-0 like the four hours of finals between them last year would do me fine.

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

That Liverpool side looks so poor tonight. If they lose this and Arsenal on the weekend they should be out of it.

Klopp wanting to be sacked? :tobey:

If we can get a win tomorrow, then surely 10 points ahead will keep Liverpool at bay. 

Would then be a shoot out between us and Spurs (I expect Man Utd to get in top 4 regardless as they have decent fixtures).

Beating Spurs at home would be absolutely huge. Could be the biggest home game for years. 

Brighton shouldn’t be discounted either, mind. But they do have a pretty tricky fixture list but they’ve proven they can get results when needed. 

Holy shit, top half below City/Arse is now looking as tight as bottom half. Tomorrow is a must win, otherwise a couple of losses could leave us level with Villa and in 7th come end of month.

Villa seem to be going through the same phase we did post-Xmas last season.

Edited by Turnbull2000

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Holy shit, top half below City/Arse is now looking as tight as bottom half. Tomorrow is a must win, otherwise a couple of losses could leave us level with Villa and in 7th come end of month.

Villa seem to be going through the same phase we did post-Xmas last season.

:lol:

Tomorrow isn't must win like.

Brighton winning was annoying, and Villa too, to a lesser extent, but I think Liverpool not winning was the most important result this evening as they are still 3 games away from us.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

Brighton's top 4 odds are coming in a bit, Liverpool's are drifting, but Liverpool are still more likely to finish top 4 than Brighton according to that, and after Arsenal they do have a reasonable run of fixtures, 6 of their last 10 are at home, a few more players will return, and they have no other distractions for a rare change, so them only picking up 1 tonight, 1 over the last few days, and 1 over their last 3 matches is a big bonus.

It would be good to have a remaining fixture list of the current top 9, and possibly Chelsea too (because they should really be better than where they are, and can still be a threat to any side on their day)...

It'll feel poor / annoying now, but in a weird way, the likes of Brighton and Villa winning might indirectly work out with some positives. Obviously not if one of them go on to string like 6 wins in a row in the coming weeks and pass us, but more teams in and around, but still at relative arms length, and picking up points off the other top teams in matches that feel 'bigger' might actually benefit us in our current position. It's quite hard to explain :lol:, but it's making a bit of sense in my head, but not sure if it's coming out that way on here, haha.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think I'm going to stop worrying about other teams now. From this position if we win 6 games we should make the top 4. If another 2-3 teams go on to get better than 69 points from this position then hats off to them they'll have earned it.

My sentiments exactly 

Worryingly just gone through the predictions for the remainder of the season - without doing our scores (I daren't).

Got 16 more points is CL or 15 depending on extending the goal-difference a bit more.

Worrying because now I know its on. 11 games.

Forest, Leicester, Southampton going down unless the latter two beat us in which case Bournemouth and Wolves go.

Did a fairly negative predictor throwing in the odd shock result here and there. Was shocked that every week we stayed in the top 4, even when it felt like I was predicting us to drop points and our rivals to all get good results more often than not.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 01.12.58.png

23 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Did a fairly negative predictor throwing in the odd shock result here and there. Was shocked that every week we stayed in the top 4, even when it felt like I was predicting us to drop points and our rivals to all get good results more often than not.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 01.12.58.png

Getting 21 points from 11 games, almost 2 points per game, better than what we have for the season, and an increase of +9 to our GD when we still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Brighton, Spurs, and some tough away matches at big traditional grounds is NOT being fairly negative  :lol:

I care so much and care so little at the same time. We’ve improved so much and aren’t a basket case anymore so I’d have been happy with tenth pre season and then scaled it down to qualifying for Yewrup but  now I’m ravenous for Champions League.

Its all a massive win. Being back in Europe is absolutely amazing. That’s there more places to go is better.

Liverpool 0.2 xG vs. Chelsea, a team with no manager. They're not getting top 4.

Good win for Brighton, because Bournemouth can be difficult. Brighton's big issue is against the top teams though.

As for tonight, a bigger test for Man U than for us. Should be interesting.

We have 11 games left, 3 away from home coming up. So if we are top four after these next 3 games we will have 5 home games and 3 away games left.  2 of those games at home are against the bottom two aswell. These next 3 games are huge.

Brightoins run in is really difficult and I cannot see them managing to continue this form that much further.  Villa, Liverpool and Chelsea are too far behind us so its just us and Spurs really.  The home game against them is huge too. 

Edited by Broadsword