The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Concludes a disaster of a season. If we’re genuinely going to be competing for trophies, seasons like this are unacceptable. Any credit Howe had in the bank from last season is now long gone.

We need to get rid of support like this

Rather support City 

2 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Concludes a disaster of a season. If we’re genuinely going to be competing for trophies, seasons like this are unacceptable. Any credit Howe had in the bank from last season is now long gone.

Ludicrous take.

But I do think Howe is under pressure next season to deliver European football. A club whose owners claim to be wanting to take the club to regularly challenge the elites wouldn't be happy with 2 consecutive seasons without European football you'd think. Any of those clubs we want to be challenging wouldn't be.

Posted (edited)

When we got 7th it was "probably for the best" since we've got a much higher chance of winning the Conference. Now it's a shit tournament and we may be better off without. Moral of the story: Europe is kinda useless unless it's CL? :lol: Why are we trying to turn every scenario into a positive one?

Edited by Erikse

Just now, SAK said:

We’ll see re this keeper but Bruno and Isak signed for us when we weren’t in europe. I think a managers plans for a player and their ability to improve their game and being part of a project which is stable and heading upwards is more important.

Don’t get me wrong the elite players want champions league but we’re not fishing in the Vinicius Jnr/Bellingham pool. The calibre of player were going to be after are a step below, good players with a stalled  but back on track career (Isak) or players with potential to step up (Bruno/Gordon/Botman) and I don’t believe not getting conference league will prevent us signing that level of player as they should be able to see beyond this season. 

Nothing personal but I hope you’re wrong about conference football affecting our recruitment plans.

That's fair, we'll have to see. I hope I'm wrong too obviously :lol: My worry is that this will be a small difference but could still be what tips the balance between a player choosing us or another club

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Ludicrous take.

But I do think Howe is under pressure next season to deliver European football. A club whose owners claim to be wanting to take the club to regularly challenge the elites wouldn't be happy with 2 consecutive seasons without European football you'd think. Any of those clubs we want to be challenging wouldn't be.

Yep. We can dress this up any way we want, but this season has now ended up being a frustrating one, and it puts more pressure on us next season. Let's hope we can capitalise on not being in Europe.

11 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Grow the fuck up man.

12 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Anyone know anyone like this in real life? Or just attention seekers online?

Said before that i would be happy either way. I think we will be very dangerous next year being the only top team only focusing in premier league. 

Dont think not getting Europe will hinder us in getting upgrades where its needed. Its not like we were going to pick from the top shelf anyways.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Ludicrous take.

If we have a positive summer I'm massively confident we'll qualify for Europe next season. Howe nearly did it this year despite facing the most challenging circumstances I've seen a manager face in my time supporting us. 

If we get the squad balance right we'll be going for top 4 and a couple of good cup runs. 

Another lesson for everyone at club. You have to make your own way. None of this relying on other teams bullshit.  We could have made European football a certainty with three games to go and we fucked it. 

Posted (edited)

This season has been so 94/95.

Because of the historical precedence of what happened then and personally predicting this season would be akin to it, I'm not fussed one way or the other about the conference league. Makes no difference to the direction the clubs going in, certainly doesn't hurt a CL challenge - which is important and on a day where the worst Man United side any of us have seen has just beaten Man City and given we usually get knocked out of Europe by teams we should be beating on paper (OM, Sporting, Bilbao, Partizan, Alkmaar) the idea we'd win the conference league because were favourites is fanciful.

Edited by Jonas

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Grow the fuck up man.

Bed pissed completely. Literally a gallon of urine all over the sheets. Mattress completely ruined.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

If we have a positive summer I'm massively confident we'll qualify for Europe next season. Howe nearly did it this year despite facing the most challenging circumstances I've seen a manager face in my time supporting us. 

If we get the squad balance right we'll be going for top 4 and a couple of good cup runs. 

I agree, but I feel deflated and why I really wanted us to get Conference League was to get the club; Howe, squad and fans, used to playing 3 games a week regularly, which all the elites do. A super negative part of me thinks, what if we finish top 4 next season and 2025-26 is a carbon copy of this due to the remaining lack of familiarity of playing 3 games a week at a high level?

When the dust settles I'll feel better, but we absolutely have to keep our big 3, Bruno, Isak and Gordon and add sufficiently to them. Them 3 plus a quality RW and Tonali back is exciting to think about.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

It’s some craic all the same that Man U who are in shambles have won 2 trophies in as many years with the bald fraud. 

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Grow the fuck up man.

Disaster of a season is probably too extreme.

But if we do want to win trophies, then every year we’re not in Europe, the revenue gap grows and it becomes harder. Silverstone said it himself. Making seasons like this unacceptable.