The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Doesn't work quite as easy as that :lol: Some decisions against us will have helped us gain points in other matches in a way. Coming back after unfair results and all that. Plus i'm sure we have got some decisions lucky too.

Edited by Ikon

Yeah, I'm not really worried about Lpool now after our win yesterday. Realistically too many points gap and not enough games left, even if they were to go on an amazing run. It's just the fact Brighton have the opportunity to close the gap, and have to play us, so it's more in their hands than it is Liverpool's, which is key at this stage of the season.

Less likely they will go on a huge run than Liverpool given their remaining fixtures and backlog, but still an opportunity for them, and some of their big matches could come at the right time for them.

On Brighton they also have to now play basically every 3 days which they're not used to, and they have Us, Man U, Arsenal, City and Villa away to play. 

We are 2/13 on Betfair for a reason, we won't let this go now!

Just now, KDT said:

Aren't Brighton very short upfront now with Ferguson & Welbeck out?

they already were with those two fit anyway tbh, shouldn’t make much difference to them.

They just played 120 minutes, suffered a loss on pens in a massive game and have to play loads of games in quick succession now though. Hopefully they’re exhausted.

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Aren't Brighton very short upfront now with Ferguson & Welbeck out?

Yeah, their big Achilles heel is their lack of depth. I imagine they're going to find the final stretch tough with so many games and little options to rotate. They do control possession very well but their game does require real energy.

Near the start of this season, Loaded Mag had a really good preview show with a Liverpool fan who was talking about our progression and the targets that we can set for ourselves. One of the points that he made that's stuck with me since then is that we shouldn't measure anything in terms of the position we end up in and it's much better to think in terms of points totals. 

At one point he says something along the lines of 'maybe you can say to yourselves "can we get 60 points?" and then if you get it, you'll have done amazingly well and will be on track to getting to where you want to be. Next season can you get 72?'

Cut to 7 months later and we're one point away from achieving 60 points with 7 matches to go. 

Dunno where abouts in the video it is that he says this, but this is the video. EDIT: From 16 minutes. He actually gets pretty close to predicting our season. Around 60 points and a really good cup run. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Often mess about with this PL predictor - https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/ 

Just tried a realistically pessimistic run through. 'Realistically pessimistic' as in not losing every game, but drawing the Everton, Brighton, & Leeds games, getting beat by Arsenal & Chelsea. On that run through I had us missing out on top 4 by 3 points to Liverpool. who I think may actually be our biggest threat. This relies on us dropping off, and Liverpool finding their form from last season at just the right time and beasting the remaining games of the season. Think it's way more likely we beat either/both Everton and Leeds, and get something from Arsenal and Chelsea and comfortably make the top 4. But it's not full on done yet. 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Doesn't work quite as easy as that :lol: Some decisions against us will have helped us gain points in other matches in a way. Coming back after unfair results and all that. Plus i'm sure we have got some decisions lucky too.

Yeah exactly. I think we were very lucky to get that decision for the Pope/Jimenez foul at the start of the Wolves match. A much bigger decision then half of those mentioned in the picture as we'd have certainly not won if it hadn't went our way

15 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Often mess about with this PL predictor - https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/ 

Just tried a realistically pessimistic run through. 'Realistically pessimistic' as in not losing every game, but drawing the Everton, Brighton, & Leeds games, getting beat by Arsenal & Chelsea. On that run through I had us missing out on top 4 by 3 points to Liverpool. who I think may actually be our biggest threat. This relies on us dropping off, and Liverpool finding their form from last season at just the right time and beasting the remaining games of the season. Think it's way more likely we beat either/both Everton and Leeds, and get something from Arsenal and Chelsea and comfortably make the top 4. But it's not full on done yet. 

Just did this, ended up with us 3rd on 74 points with brighton making 4th which would be amazing, but also doing it realised basically i'm going on form now and that will fluctuate. Would love it if it's us and brighton though

My most negative prediction had us finishing 4th with 69 points, on goal difference above Liverpool. That was with wins vs Southampton and Leicester, draws with Everton, Leeds, Chelsea and Brighton, and a loss against Arsenal. And Liverpool dropping points to West Ham (with a draw) but winning all the rest.

I think we can definitely better than prediction.

Pointless doing any prediction thing as immediately people put negative scores in for us and positive scores for others. We are in a magnificent position and it would take some downturn of form to miss out. Have faith in this team.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Pointless doing any prediction thing as immediately people put negative scores in for us and positive scores for others. We are in a magnificent position and it would take some downturn of form to miss out. Have faith in this team.

Guess that's the point of putting in negative results for us and positive for rivals. We get to see how much of downturn we would have to have, which then shows how difficult its going to be for the others to pull off because its unrealistic that we have that big of a collapse.

All will be irrelevant and pointless as you said, as we're going to finish comfortably within top 4, in 3rd :-)

F

When are the 2023/24 Champions League group stage matches?

Matchday 1: 19/20 September 2023
Matchday 2: 3/4 October 2023
Matchday 3: 24/25 October 2023
Matchday 4: 7/8 November 2023
Matchday 5: 28/29 November 2023
Matchday 6: 12/13 December 2023