The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Just realised that top four go straight into the CL group stage with no qualifier. We finished 3rd the season before Partizan knocked us out in the qualifying round. No real difference between finishing 3rd and 4th other than PL prize money then? Straight into pot 4 regardless is it?

Yeah all four go into the Group Stage so besides a little extra money (& pride) there's no difference between 3rd and 4th.

Not sure what happens next season when the PL potentially gets a 5th CL place.

30 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I'm sending a save the date to anyone I know who supports the makums so when they ask what it's for I'm going to respond "champions league group draw"

As much as I like it. Please don't do it yet.

Edited by madras

11 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm delighted with pot 4.  Would love to have a group packed with some big names for our return.

We want the big names 100%, we maybe want to avoid uber tough group though so we at least get 3rd and then get ourselves to Dublin next May :)

Imagine how amazing the sweats going to be for the draw, so excited for that.

This was the pots for this year:

- POT 1: Real Madrid (Spain), Manchester City (England), Bayern Munich (Germany), Paris Saint-Germain (France), Milan (Italy), Porto (Portugal), Ajax (Netherlands) and Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany).

- POT 2: Barcelona (Spain), Liverpool (England), Atletico Madrid (Spain), Sevilla (Spain), Chelsea (England), Tottenham (England), Juventus (Italy) and RB Leipzig (Germany).

- POT 3: Borussia Dortmund (Germany), RB Salzburg (Austria), Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine), Inter (Italy), Napoli (Italy), Benfica (Portugal), Sporting CP (Portugal) and Bayer Leverkusen (Germany).

- POT 4: Marseille (France), Brugge (Belgium), Celtic (Scotland), Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic), Maccabi Haifa (Israel), Rangers (Scotland), FC Copenhagen (Denmark) and Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia).

I hope we get one huge club which is basically guaranteed and get 3 different countries to visit. 

SO CLOSE LADS, SO CLOSE!

WE GOT THIS!

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'd support 4th to 6th in a play off, with 5th and 6th playing a midweek semi final. 

Else you may well have two losing semi finalists playing for a place in the conference league which neither of them want.

Will never happen anyway like. 

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

Each to their own, but not for me - Spurs are in 7th and have been dog awful - we might be fourth this season and them 7th - imagine the injustice if those turds slid into the UCL.

Edited by Bally21
spelling

1 minute ago, Bally21 said:

Each to their own, but not for me - Spurs are in 7th and have been dog awful - we might be fourth this season and them 7th - imagine the injustice of those turds slid into the UCL.

Agreed. I usually like James' take but this is horrific. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A European play-off would be great. 

There is one that all clubs in the division are in. Starts in August, finishes end of may, its quite egalitarian in that each club plays each other club both home and away.

3 hours ago, Troll said:

I'd rather Liverpool than Man Utd, just to boost the chances of there being a 5th CL spot for the Premier League.

Makes no difference, Premier League will only have 4 clubs this season maximum

Only way we would have gotten a 5th is if the CL winners finished outside the top 4

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Makes no difference, Premier League will only have 4 clubs this season maximum

Only way we would have gotten a 5th is if the CL winners finished outside the top 4

For next season.  It's based on how well English clubs do in the competition, and Liverpool will probably do better than Man Utd.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

For next season.  It's based on how well English clubs do in the competition, and Liverpool will probably do better than Man Utd.

Ah right, okay, fair enough but I'd have to double check but I'm sure the performance is based on all European competition, so we'd just need English clubs to do reasonably well in CL as well as Europa League