The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Get fucked Liverpool. They’ve had decisions go for them in the majority of the games and huge errors made in their favour well over five or six times this season. Even with everything being gamed for them they’ve not been able to get it done. I know it’s not over yet but I’m so pleased the officials haven’t managed to get them over the line 

17 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Premier League - Top 4 Finish Betting Odds

Newcastle 1/250

Man utd     1/100

Liverpool    25/1

The year is 2023. There are two games left to play in the premier league season. If you bet £250 on Newcastle to finish top four you get £1 back. 

Just stop to imagine this being remotely possible at any time after the fluke fifth season. Staggering. Smell the roses everyone. 

Edited by Shays Given Tim Flowers

8 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Without being Nelly Negative, they’re six behind and if we lost both games to Leicester and Chelsea 2-0 they’d only need a 3-0 v Southampton to claw us in.

Think we get the point v Leicester to make it mathematically certain. Play the stiffs v Chelsea.

Why?

win the next 2. Finish 3rd

I said to so many mates that I’d be happy with a season where we’re not mentioned in terms of relegation and have a decent cup run. 

So proud of what we’ve done. Let the boys finish it in style! 

With the new Champions League format starting the season 24/25 and the qualified teams being increased from 32 to 36. How likely is it that England will get an extra spot next season?

Edited by Ridman

5 minutes ago, Ridman said:

With the new Champions League format starting the season 24/25 and the qualified teams being increased from 32 to 36. How likely is it that England will get an extra spot next season?

The PL get 5 places when the new format begins. 

5 minutes ago, Ridman said:

Quite likely.

I’m not sure if it goes on previous seasons coefficients, or just the performance of our teams in Europe next season.

If West Ham win the Europa Conference, then we will have 8 teams in Europe next season.

I’m pretty sure us and Italy are favourites to have those additional Champions League spots.

Just now, PhilT said:

Would that then mean a return to qualifying rounds? 

Don’t believe so? From The Athletic:

“What will the Champions League look like from 2024-25?

The number of teams competing in the competition will increase from 32 to 36, meaning there will now be 189 matches instead of 125, and the group stage will be replaced by a league phase — otherwise known as the “Swiss model”.

Each team will be guaranteed to play eight matches in the league phase, down from the proposed 10 after talks in Vienna, of which they will play half at home and half away.

The top eight sides in the league will qualify automatically for the knockout stage. Those finishing in ninth to 24th will compete in a two-legged play-off to determine who reaches the last-16 of the competition.

Two of the extra four slots in the competition will be awarded to nations whose clubs achieve the best collective performance in the season before. To work this out, the total points earned will be divided by the number of sides competing in European club competitions.

This is a notable move away from the much-maligned and heavily criticised five-year historical coefficients.

If the new rules had been applied to the current 2022-23 season, the two extra places would go to clubs from England and the Netherlands. In three of the past four campaigns, a team in the Premier League would have received one of the additional slots. As it stands, for next season’s qualification process, they will go to England and Italy.”

Really do not know how to feel. Odds show us as 100-1 on, but not outlandish to have a shitter with a bunch of injuries and Monday go wrong way, after which I’d be absolutely bricking it. But I’d have ripped your arms and legs off for a draw with scousers today. Just felt so fucking close. Argh, roll on Monday 

Just now, PRL said:

Really do not know how to feel. Odds show us as 100-1 on, but not outlandish to have a shitter with a bunch of injuries and Monday go wrong way, after which I’d be absolutely bricking it. But I’d have ripped your arms and legs off for a draw with scousers today. Just felt so fucking close. Argh, roll on Monday 

1 pointed needed from final two games and we could even lose both and if Liverpool don’t overcome our +7 gf we qualify for top four. I feel very chilled.