The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Aye I don't think INEOS will be signing older players on ridiculous wages. Recruitment and how they've spent vast sums on shite has been the main issue, although that being said I'm pretty sure they wanted De Jong before Casimeiro. Though, it wasn't long ago everyone was talking about him being an amazing signing.

They've got a decent spine in Martinez, Mainoo, Fernandes & Hojlund. Garnacho & Dalot are mint as well I think. If I was them I'd be shopping Varane/Cas to Saudi ASAP. Would probably free up £800/900k a week, though granted not much of an issue there.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I really don't know how you can say this. :lol: Especially given the two fixtures we have this week.

Somehow some way you’ll get enough points. 

And the clubs behind are inconsistent. No one is going to win 5 on the bounce.  If I thought we were capable of that I wouldn’t be so pessimistic. 

Soz if giggs but just noticed we now can’t make last season’s points total.

Last season: 71pts

Max this season: 68pts

(so actually this became the case after the Chelsea defeat)

Edited by Superior Acuña

On 04/04/2024 at 10:50, Cf said:

We're now 4th in Expected Points on Understat: https://understat.com/league/EPL

CL confirmed!

Man Utd 14th. The one thing they've got going for them in finishing 6th is they've somehow already got points on the board. But this current incarnation are a solidly mid-table team. They're by no means a shoe in for 6th.

Fifth I think - I think you overlooked Chelsea.

41 minutes ago, Decky said:

Hope Liverpool smash Man Utd tomorrow. We've completely closed the gap. 

If only we'd held on against Everton too.

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

If only we'd held on against Everton too.

This season is full of if onlys that's why I can't predict what we will do these last 7 games

Presume we need to be looking at 60+ points for 7th spot with how tight it is

60 odd might be enough for 6th given how hot and cold Man Utd and West Ham are. West Ham obviously have the Europa League to think about as well. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've done well given everything to still be in the mix for top 6. 

If we'd had a less injuries and Tonali was not banned we'd be fighting with Villa and Spurs for 4th/5th.

17 minutes ago, Beth said:

We're not doing that though are we.

Nope. If we can finish 7th that will be amazing given how the season's gone. I'll take 8th every day of the week if it gets us into Europe.

6th is about as good as we can possibly even go for now, comes down to a little mini-league with us, Man U and West Ham. We've got the easiest run-in and the best goal difference, looking at West Ham - I genuinely think they'll fade, they've played a game more and still have Liverpool and City to play (plus another 3 London derbies plus European games) so I think we'll edge them. Man U still have Liverpool and Arsenal and 3 potentially tricky aways. Suppose Chelsea too but they're still flaky as fuck and still have 5 of the top 9 still to play - they do have games in hand though. 

To even have a chance at 6th or 7th given everything we've been through this season is great though. I often tend to dwell on the negatives at times but looking at what's left, rather than what's already gone, and European football is still very, very much on for us

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Spurs' run in looks really, really tough.

Not that I'm suggesting we are gonna finish above them [emoji38]

If we'd beaten Everton we could have at least given them something to think about next week. :lol:

Too far behind now. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6th this season would be almost as impressive as 4th last giving what we've had to work with. Incredible effort to still be in the mix.