Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

This is why I always have so much time for Pep: very rarely do you hear him come out and whinge after games like this. If you're meant to playing to win the league, either play the team off the park or come out and give them credit for making it difficult after the game. Moaning about a team defending away from home and marginal ref decisions makes you look a petty twat.

That said, controversially, I wish we'd played our normal game against these and Liverpool and lost 6-3 rather than time wasting for a 0-0.

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

This is why I always have so much time for Pep: very rarely do you hear him come out and whinge after games like this. If you're meant to playing to win the league, either play the team off the park or come out and give them credit for making it difficult after the game. Moaning about a team defending away from home and marginal ref decisions makes you look a petty twat.

That said, controversially, I wish we'd played our normal game against these and Liverpool and lost 6-3 rather than time wasting for a 0-0.

We did play our normal game against Liverpool and you would rather get beat 6 - 3 than take a point :lol:

Edited by et tu brute

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

On what basis would you rather lose away to Liverpool & Arsenal than draw away to Liverpool & Arsenal?

Given the penalties we haven’t been given this season I think id have lost my shit I’d the Murphy one was given at the end… the shirt pull was a pen for me though. 

Arteta is a fanny. I hope they bottle the title. 

I think a fully fit Isak (and/or a more mobile attacking left back) and we play more aggressive yesterday on the counter attack. With Arsenals attacking power Howe clearly didnt trust trust ASM ahead of Burn and it was more an all hands to the pumps plan rather than have a go at them like we did at Liverpool. 

It’ll be interesting to see how a fully fit Isak might change plans slightly moving forwards particularly away from home. I can see Isak getting far more game time than ASM and especially away from home. That said there’s all sorts of front 3 combinations moving forwards for different games.

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Given the penalties we haven’t been given this season I think id have lost my shit I’d the Murphy one was given at the end… the shirt pull was a pen for me though. 

Arteta is a fanny. I hope they bottle the title. 

If they lose the north London derby the pressure will start to mount. 

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

On what basis would you rather lose away to Liverpool & Arsenal than draw away to Liverpool & Arsenal?

One of the things I've loved about this season is we've gone into every game looking like, and playing like we're going for a win, even against Man City. Liverpool and Arsenal felt like we were playing for a draw and I would have liked to see us have a go. Murphy and Wood subs for one.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

One of the things I've loved about this season is we've gone into every game looking like, and playing like we're going for a win, even against Man City. Liverpool and Arsenal felt like we were playing for a draw and I would have liked to see us have a go. Murphy and Wood subs for one.

But on what basis would you rather lose away to Liverpool & Arsenal than draw away to Liverpool & Arsenal?

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I don’t think we were playing for a draw at Liverpool at all. Last night I’d agree we were far more pragmatic and were happy to turn the match into a scrappy affair. 

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

But on what basis would you rather lose away to Liverpool & Arsenal than draw away to Liverpool & Arsenal?

On the basis that we'd played for a win. I get most people disagree, that's why I said "controversially". I don't agree with the point/win at all costs mentality, I don't think we need our club captain standing off the field blocking a throw-in to win a game. 

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

On the basis that we'd played for a win. I get most people disagree, that's why I said "controversially". I don't agree with the point/win at all costs mentality, I don't think we need our club captain standing off the field blocking a throw-in to win a game. 

We don't but it's funny and it's class.

We essentially went 2-0 against Liverpool :lol: We weren’t negative at all.

Last night we sussed pretty early on that Arsenal are one of the quickest and most incisive passers in the world so abandoned our usual style pretty quickly :lol:

Frustrating them into a draw is much more satisfying than being patted on the back for “playing the right way” and losing 5-0.

The time wasting stuff is nonsense, every team does the same thing when they’re in a position to gain points away to clearly better sides, we’re just in those positions more often than most.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'd maybe agree if this was our permanent gameplan but it's not. We have to adapt when things don't look like they're going to go our way.

7 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Idea for the NUFC club shop:

Top 6 Tears (available in 500ml Premier League trophy-shaped bottles). Bitter yet delicious, sourced via the latest shithousing technology. Available while stocks last. Please drink responsibly. 

Delicious. I’ll have 10. 

39 minutes ago, Anon said:

Pep can afford to be magnanimous. He knows they will win in the end.