Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Rich said:

"Newcastle changed their entire front three. They had the luxury of bringing on Wood, Murphy, and Saint-Maximin. Arteta didn't have that."

(or close enough)

Sounds as luxurious as one of Neville's property developments

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

"Newcastle changed their entire front three. They had the luxury of bringing on Wood, Murphy, and Saint-Maximin. Arteta didn't have that."

(or close enough)

"Luxury" as in The Four Yorkshiremen.

"We 'ad to bring on't Jacob Murphy an' Chris Wood cos t'others were knackered and we still got t'result. Tell that to kids today and they won't believe ye"

Edited by madras

14 minutes ago, Klaus said:

The burn shirt pull, would have been a penalty, but the free kick they got was incorrect 😅

Been saying this all post match. Joelinton shouldn’t of been booked and was never a FK.

Just now, Lazarus said:

Amazing performance and result. We are the real deal.

Best bit was the commentator on my stream wondering how Arteta wasnt down with cramp :lol:

Haha yep, the Optus feed here in Oz had the same commentator.  Arteta’s histrionics were fucking hilarious - I’ve never been so relaxed as those last 20 mins under the circumstances.  You could see he’d lost it, and his heedless war dance wasn’t helping his side who looked increasingly clueless

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This whole post match analysis has been scandalous to be honest.

They're going on like we turned up and parked the bus and clung on in the face of relentless Arsenal pressure. 

Tone is completely the opposite on Five Live.

Ian Dennis "they restricted Arsenal to very few clear chances"

Kelly Cates "it wasn't a game they (Newcastle) felt like they were on the back foot in"

Really worrying sign Arteta's behaviour. Not sure he's going to be able to hold things together.

Way too emotional after that and it wasn't even a bad result for them. We are the best defensive team in the league for goodness sake.

Just really makes me appreciate Howe more and more. Such an even keel and cool head all the time. Far more confident of us holding on for a top four place.

Our defensive organisation saw us through tonight. We offered very little going forward, and there was a gulf in class in terms of the two teams' ability to pass the ball and combine.

Some of our players looked tired - Miggy and Willock I thought - and Wilson struggled. 

But in the end, you have to say that our Eddie has defied the odds yet again. How that side has not conceded a goal in over 10 hours is quite remarkable.

Arteta had a touch of the Klopps in the end. That won't do his team any good.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Really worrying sign Arteta's behaviour. Not sure he's going to be able to hold things together.

Way too emotional after that and it wasn't even a bad result for them. We are the best defensive team in the league for goodness sake.

Just really makes me appreciate Howe more and more. Such an even keel and cool head all the time. Far more confident of us holding on for a top four place.

North London derby next weekend 👍Hopefully Spurs win that to see him properly self destruct 

Arteta made 1 sub all game. He could have moved Saka and/or Martinelli into a different position or sacrificed a defender but chose not to. If he wasn't happy about how things were going then maybe he should have improvised and switched it to create a new problem. Either way, fuck him and fuck Arsenal

24 minutes ago, Klaus said:

The burn shirt pull, would have been a penalty, but the free kick they got was incorrect 😅

I do wonder if that's why there wasn't a check for a pen, because VAR knew before it came in that the ref had made a mistake awarding the free kick? Two wrongs making a right or something.

Other than that, there's no good reason it wasn't reviewed like. Other than the officials were incompetent.