Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

On the basis that we'd played for a win. I get most people disagree, that's why I said "controversially". I don't agree with the point/win at all costs mentality, I don't think we need our club captain standing off the field blocking a throw-in to win a game. 

I get what you're saying. I don't share the view now because the novelty of seeing Newcastle near the top of the league hasn't worn off and it's funny pissing the likes of Klopp off. If we're still carrying on like that in three years time I suspect that I will find it tiresome.

Twitter fans are a special breed of moronic brat. If that Wilson challenge was a red, Xhaka's on Bruno was. Xhaka was lucky to stay on during that period when the ref went card mad.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Twitter is great this morning, with the delicious salty tears of Arsenal fans, with Liverpool fans occassionally chipping in (again) about our 'time wasting'.

Said it to my son last night, as good as Arsenal are at home, we had only conceded one in the previous six matches, so it was up to them to break us down and take their chances. They couldn't.

Its great that we are upsetting these teams, that we don't go to their grounds and just roll over and let them win as we used to, and crucially, we wont let ourselves be bullied by them either.

Love It! Long may it continue.

Edited by TK-421

We chalk up 3 xG against Leeds, fail to score, and our fans bemoan our squads' limitations.

Arsenal's team chalks up barely 1.1 xG against us, fail to score, and their fans claim it must be a refereeing conspiracy or they were somehow robbed.

Create more chances you stupid fuckers! :mike:

When the old guard are whinging and bitching it's a sure sign you're a threat.

The foul on Gabriel looked a pen but that's how it goes sometimes, the new VAR directive is to be less involved so the ref missed it 

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

When the old guard are whinging and bitching it's a sure sign you're a threat.

The foul on Gabriel looked a pen but that's how it goes sometimes, the new VAR directive is to be less involved so the ref missed it 

Apparently that pen appeal also came from the free kick where Joelinton actually won the ball against Saka, so shouldn't even have been a FK. Swings and Roundabouts.

16 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Sure they played 2 or 3 mins over the 5 anyway

Yeah, it was the (min.)  5mins added, but then was actually just over 97mins I think, when he blew the whistle.

But this being a 'Top Six' team at home, not winning, it should have been a min. of 7, with it ending up around 10-15mins added.

Of course all this not-added time is all on us, and doesn't even take account of Arsenal players rolling round on the floor at the slightest touch, until a FK is given.

Or Ramsdales long winded Goal Kicks where him and two defenders have to decide which one will take it.

Edited by TK-421

For me, Arteta cost his side a win with his touchline antics. Their heads completely went, couldn’t imagine playing for a manager that allows the occasion and not the game to become his sole focus. When they needed coaching and guidance, he was making himself the main character while Howe constantly gave feedback and made subtle changes. They’ll make it all about Newcastle managing the game and manufacturing their time to take the foot off the pedal, but Arteta badly let his team down. 

1 minute ago, Ste said:

For me, Arteta cost his side a win with his touchline antics. Their heads completely went, couldn’t imagine playing for a manager that allows the occasion and not the game to become his sole focus. When they needed coaching and guidance, he was making himself the main character while Howe constantly gave feedback and made subtle changes. They’ll make it all about Newcastle managing the game and manufacturing their time to take the foot off the pedal, but Arteta badly let his team down. 

Too busy trying to be Pep Guardiola 

5 minutes ago, Ste said:

100%.

For all the complaints about time wasting they added to it by constantly surrounding the ref complaining about said time wasting.

They should have focused on taking free kicks quicker and focused more on playing at a higher tempo if they were going to get anything from the game. 

The excuse making and whining really doesn't bode well for them at all. Ironically, with all the fuss being made and seeing how much it rattled them, a bunch more teams are going to ramp up the antics against them now. They are so dumb.