Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, woody said:

Jerry Seinfeld Lol GIF

The handball wasn't a pen. The shirt pull arguably was, but we all know that refs are reluctant to give pens for grappling at corners because so much goes on, and it's usually hard to tell who's at fault. No mystery there.

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

North London derby next weekend 👍Hopefully Spurs win that to see him properly self destruct 

Nah man, need them to batter Spurs. Don't need Spurs getting any type of results at the minute.

Besides, of all the top teams, Arsenal have been the least grotesque as far as how they've built their current team, and they have some really decent and likeable young players.

Yeah, they may fall about a lot more, but it's to be expected with the way they play. Couldn't care less. Every one is trying to find a way to win that suits them. We have now become a bit of a shitehousery outfit and I absolutely love it to be fair. No longer just a soft fearful team. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Arteta made 1 sub all game. He could have moved Saka and/or Martinelli into a different position or sacrificed a defender but chose not to. If he wasn't happy about how things were going then maybe he should have improvised and switched it to create a new problem. Either way, fuck him and fuck Arsenal

Yep. Seemed more interested in refereeing the game than in things he could have a direct influence on. Bit like Klopp was for the first hour when we played Liverpool. It's what you want to see as an opposition fan.

Didn't think we were actually that bad tonight, was expecting Joelintons usual going down for treatment 5 times etc bit it never came.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

"They’ve had 8 draws this season. They just suck the life out of every game they play and shithouse themselves up the league."

Muahahaha.

Was just about to quote that. Even out of the draws, aye like the Man City game was one that had the life sucked out of it. :lol: Or Wolves, who sat back and allowed us 64% on their own patch, or Palace where we were robbed of a 1-0 win due to VAR incompetence or Bournemouth where we had 72% possession.

Clueless, horrid Manc twat. Hope he gets severe cholera.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

"They’ve had 8 draws this season. They just suck the life out of every game they play and shithouse themselves up the league."

Muahahaha.

Who said this?!

Well after my Saka watch I’m still a little mystified with all this £120-50m talk. Clearly rapid but also fairly 1D and kept quiet before fading after bright opening spell. Don’t get me wrong he’s good but like Rice hyped. No doubt I’ll be adding Bellingham to my list in the near future 🙂

As much as I appreciate our shithousery it's exaggerated to fuck solely because we're not bowing down.  Every team at the top of their game uses this shit to their advantage, but they can't stand that we're not pushovers anymore.

Edited by nemtizz

Arteta is a little cunt, has been for a while, despite being slightly more media-friendly this season as his team have been successful.

He's playing a really cynical media game with this crap. Invented years ago by other, better managers. Complain and rant to the media, media analyzes and backs his spurious shite, next time there's a borderline decision, the pressure is on the officials to give it. Just watch them get a contentious VAR and/or pen decision in the next game, nailed on.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was just about to quote that. Even out of the draws, aye like the Man City game was one that had the life sucked out of it. :lol: Or Wolves, who sat back and allowed us 64% on their own patch, or Palace where we were robbed of a 1-0 win due to VAR incompetence or Bournemouth where we had 72% possession.

Clueless, horrid Manc twat. Hope he gets severe cholera.

Doubt many of them are mancs like

I never understand the complaining about the time wasting antics. Every single team does this now when it's to their advantage to do so. I never even get wound up when it's done against us. It's just to be expected as part of the game now.

At most what does it take off the clock if done extremely well, what 5 mins? If you can't figure out how to get a result within the other 85 mins then do better. 

Was absolutely astounded after some good punditry from all 3 studio guests that Neville then came out with "Newcastle changed their front 3, they brought on Saint Maximin, Wood and Murphy. Arsenal didn't have that luxury"

What in the actual fuck :lol:

Arteta too bitter to give us any credit in his interview and then rightly criticised one pen whilst the handball absolutely wasn't one.

On to more important things, after the first 5 minutes I felt we made minor adjustments to keep Saka a tad more quiet but Arteta had the tactical edge still, as Odegaard sat in a pocket between Burn, Willock and Joelinton and seemingly hid out in a no man's land where no one took responsibility for him. This led to Saka getting more time and space and man for man with Burn. However, we began to close ranks on the flanks and by the second half Saka got almost as little as Martinelli had been getting all night.

Defensively, I'd have had Almiron switch to assist in the operation with Saka and would have pushed Willock wide right and Joelinton into the centre to wrestle Xhaka.

Offensively, I'd have put ASM on for Wilson instead of Wood and potentially Ritchie or Anderson for Willock late on once he was fucked. I think we'd have had more cutting edge up top and more rigity defensively to enable ASM to be free.

However, what do I know?!

Despite a fairly stonewall penalty for the pulling of shirts, we qere due a decision. A point away to the league leaders, who, by and large didn't create us too many issues despite not playing bad. 1 defeat all season, 6 clean sheets in a row (#FTM), the only team not to lose at the Emirates this season, the only team to not concede to Arsenal this season, 15(?!) Unbeaten in a row and in the QF of a cup, 3rd place and flying high.

I have a feeling we'll lose 4 games this season in total. 2 finals and 2 in the league, finishing just outside the CL spots and cupless. The thought of it makes me sick :lol:

Edited by Heron