League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Presumably home fans weren’t particularly arsed about that one and didn’t turn out. You’d imagine this will sell out.

Aye it'll be 3200, just had a look at their last LC SF and Liverpool had the usual allocation.

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

I think the best course for all of us is to just pretend that the cup doesn't exist until we actually win it. Why risk jinxing it with either too much optimism or too much pessimism.

It's just that... I think that our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Nah it goes on how many cup games you went to. 

Aye, but will there really be 33k season ticket holders being able to go? Demand will be sky high obviously, but surely there'll be a fair amount of ST holders that won't be able to make it down to London for it? 

Just now, Nobody said:

Aye, but will there really be 33k season ticket holders being able to go? Demand will be sky high obviously, but surely there'll be a fair amount of ST holders that won't be able to make it down to London for it? 

They'll have people who they get tickets for which is a bit shite.

3 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I think the best course for all of us is to just pretend that the cup doesn't exist until we actually win it. Why risk jinxing it with either too much optimism or too much pessimism.

Yeah sure, but I've already got flights to Newcastle that weekend for the mrs and her kid. I'd be starting my travels back home round the time of kick off if I'm going with our scheduled flights. There's no way I could do that man :lol:

I imagine not all ST holders have loyalty points either, they'll be loads that go to every home game but never bother trying to go away.

If you have 5 or more loyalty points I'd probably say you're pretty much guaranteed a ticket if you want one

33 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We'll be playing a weakened side as well. We'll be prioritising the Arsenal game and the FA Cup over this I'm sure. 

Apart from Antony and Dalot/Martinez coming back from injury it was an entire second string last night. 

Not shocking if you get Nottingham in the final but I'm sure you want us. :lol:

I'll have to turn my phone off for weeks if we lose a final to Man U.

That's about half my friends just getting cut out completely, the gloryhunting cunts :lol:

Liverpool (the only team I looked up) just did a random ballot for ST holders that applied, didn't apply points system for final. They got 32999 tickets total. 9% of that siphoned off to sponsors, players etc., 17% to 'Contractual supporter allocation; to include seasonal hospitality members and priority rights holders' and 74% 'general supporter allocation'.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ticket-ballot-update-carabao-cup-final

If there are only around ~32k ST holders, I imagine you're probably going to get one if you apply, regardless of your history, given that some won't apply for whatever reason.  Sadly for me I passed my ST name to friend while I'm living away, and take it up when I go back for away tickets, which has never been issue. This time he's going to want it obviously. Regardless, I'd book a flight over if we won semi and try to do whatever it takes to get in with my dad (he'd get one himself).

Obviously this is premature but thinking a lot now cos i'd have to plan fast and it's stressing me the fuck out :lol:

11 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

I imagine not all ST holders have loyalty points either, they'll be loads that go to every home game but never bother trying to go away.

If you have 5 or more loyalty points I'd probably say you're pretty much guaranteed a ticket if you want one

How many fans have loyalty points but aren't also ST holders? I have ST but I can't do away games (even if I wanted to now, I'm not sure I'd ever get a ticket mind). I'm sure the club will have to find a balance between ST holders, those with points and members. I've seen 32k season ticket holders, how many of them will actually want a ticket?

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

How many fans have loyalty points but aren't also ST holders? I have ST but I can't do away games (even if I wanted to now, I'm not sure I'd ever get a ticket mind). I'm sure the club will have to find a balance between ST holders, those with points and members. I've seen 32k season ticket holders, how many of them will actually want a ticket?

I'd imagine most with a season ticket who aren't planning on going will have loads of offers from mates/family/people they sit next to to get them one. 

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

None. You lose any loyalty points if you give up your ST.