Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United: 21/01/23 @ 5:30pm - Live on Sky

Guest reefatoon

We need @HaydnNUFC to make the match threads man, he fills it full of glorious past matches. You’ve done fuck all you absolute bone idle bastard. Hang your head in shame man.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This fixture is usually a snoozefest.

I was really surprised when Sky picked it for TV, especially given the other two times we played them this season we drew both 0-0 :lol: 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

We need @HaydnNUFC to make the match threads man, he fills it full of glorious past matches. You’ve done fuck all you absolute bone idle bastard. Hang your head in shame man.

Sat fucking creased in the Forth at this :lol:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11236575/crystal-palace-1-1-newcastle-luka-milivojevic-penalty-cancels-out-mohamed-diame-goal

https://youtu.be/mPcEz_oCORw

Checked Palace forums and they seem very depressed. It's amazing how I still can't quite shake the 'how are we going to manage to lose this' anticipation of games, so deeply is it ingrained. Potential loss of Bruno is big. I would totally consider the 4-4-2 we ended this game with mind since they seem low on confidence. 

In their next 9 fixtures, they have us, Man Utd (twice), Brighton, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal. Outside bet to be in the doldrums come mid-March? 

Obviously Everton are my first choice to go down because of their fans, but I can’t stand the media bumming this lot get for their supposed ‘ultra’ scene and their high and mighty attitude and banner re our takeover. Not to mention all the crap they gave us about Pardew before he fucked them as well.

1 minute ago, Cort said:

In their next 9 fixtures, they have us, Man Utd (twice), Brighton, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal. Outside bet to be in the doldrums come mid-March? 

Obviously Everton are my first choice to go down because of their fans, but I can’t stand the media bumming this lot get for their supposed ‘ultra’ scene and their high and mighty attitude and banner re our takeover. Not to mention all the crap they gave us about Pardew before he fucked them as well.

Aye am another who can't fucking stand Palace as well

Would love them to go the journey

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

That was a weird time at the club.

I see this as a tricky fixture for us. Generally it seems like there are certain teams we struggle against, and not the usual suspects, and Palace are among them.

Really hope we come through well and I can see the Isak and Wilson combo being the key to it.

They usually up their game for the televised home games against the big sides so can see this being a bit tricky. But they are on a bit of a ropey run so think we should have enough, quick goal for us should see their heads go down a little.

Going to this aswell, is The Prince George the usual designated pub for away fans?

3 hours ago, 80 said:

That was a weird time at the club.

I see this as a tricky fixture for us. Generally it seems like there are certain teams we struggle against, and not the usual suspects, and Palace are among them.

Really hope we come through well and I can see the Isak and Wilson combo being the key to it.

We owe them for the good goal  being disallowed  :indi:

45 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Wilson wasn’t necessarily bad vs. Fulham but anyone else hoping Isak starts this game? 

at least Wilson hsd 3 or so chances he would normally put away. In his previous couple of games he was nowhere near scoring. He stays in the side for me and Isak off the bench again. 

8 hours ago, mosstef said:

Joachim Andersen went off injured today. Could be a huge miss for them.

That would be a big miss for them, not only because he's very decent defender but he also provides alot of their attacking balls over the top. Plus it means James Tomkins will probably play and he's a massive donkey.

2 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Wilson wasn’t necessarily bad vs. Fulham but anyone else hoping Isak starts this game? 

Think Wilson needed a couple of games to get over what was a bad illness according to Howe. I think he will be flying next week.