Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Still not writing him off, but he is my pet peeve [emoji38] I think I definitely am forming a bias against the guy. Got unreasonably pissed off at him for getting dispossessed.

The fucker just does not know when to release the ball. :laugh:

Him being on the pitch seems to coincide with us not doing very well as a team. Very very short timespan to be making a correlation, but so far that seems to be the case.

/slightlytoungeincheek

Im cool with Gordon tbh.

Some players take a bit longer to settle into a new club and some of our own players have taken a while to adapt to Howes methods. Remember how Almiron was transformed in pre season? And Murphy took even longer.

Only bit which truly frustrated me was with two mins injury time left he gives away a daft foul - and then picks the ball up and walks over to argue.  He needs his neck wound in quick with that stuff - it runs the clock down and loses momentum.

I’m also unaware of many occasions in 160 years of the codified game that picking the ball up and shouting at the ref results in the decision being overturned. 

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

He was living the dream then playing for the team he supported, now he’s filthy rich. 

Anyways let’s not write him off, he may come good, the timing was poor but it is what it is. 

Not writing him off at all, think he will come good for us. Was just an observation.

I've no doubt that after a bit of time under Howe's coaching and once he gels with his teammates he'll look significantly better.

That said, I'm not sure I see him ever being good enough for where I think we hope to be operating as a team in the coming years. Be very surprised if he's ever significantly more in a top four squad than a deluxe Jacob Murphy.

Been really really disappointing so far from him. Apart from the smart 10 minute debut he's offered, produced and delivered zero. I can make allowances for the change in club and playing philosophy but he currently looks a shadow of the bang average player he was at Everton. Throw in the fact he's already had a strop at Brentford and it's beginning to look like a bit of a rick signing him rather than proven quality for the last 20 games of the season. Far from impressed with him

23 minutes ago, midds said:

Been really really disappointing so far from him. Apart from the smart 10 minute debut he's offered, produced and delivered zero. I can make allowances for the change in club and playing philosophy but he currently looks a shadow of the bang average player he was at Everton. Throw in the fact he's already had a strop at Brentford and it's beginning to look like a bit of a rick signing him rather than proven quality for the last 20 games of the season. Far from impressed with him

Big Joe was the same

It was a mistake signing him when we did given we only had a budget for one player. He’ll hopefully come good but he’s a lot more potential than finished article than I think anyone had anticipated.

20 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It was a mistake signing him when we did given we only had a budget for one player. He’ll hopefully come good but he’s a lot more potential than finished article than I think anyone had anticipated.

If signing him prevented us from signing the much-coveted Guarantee McChampionsleague from Fuckknows FC, then I would agree that it was probably a poor decision. I don't think that was the case though; I don't think that signing existed. We signed him near deadline day because he was available at what we (rightly or wrongly) considered to be a good price.

It's not relevant to us not signing whatever wild card was knocking around the market which was going to make sure we were more than four points clear of 4th with three games left.

In other words I think it's ridiculous to pin any amount of accountability on this signing should we not qualify for the CL. Points dropped at home to Bournemouth, Palace and Leeds and six points given to Liverpool probably has more to do with it. Meanwhile we've just come through a spell of eight wins in nine games so we've actually been pretty canny on the whole post January 30th.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If signing him prevented us from signing the much-coveted Guarantee McChampionsleague from Fuckknows FC, then I would agree that it was probably a poor decision. I don't think that was the case though; I don't think that signing existed. We signed him near deadline day because he was available at what we (rightly or wrongly) considered to be a good price.

It's not relevant to us not signing whatever wild card was knocking around the market which was going to make sure we were more than four points clear of 4th with three games left.

In other words I think it's ridiculous to pin any amount of accountability on this signing should we not qualify for the CL. Points dropped at home to Bournemouth, Palace and Leeds and six points given to Liverpool probably has more to do with it. Meanwhile we've just come through a spell of eight wins in nine games so we've actually been pretty canny on the whole post January 30th.

Have you not heard about the "missed opportunity" to guarantee fourth from those who know more about the availability of players than the club?

If you haven't, the top four thread is going to be an absolute page turner for you if we finish fifth.

He seemed to slow down play too much when he was 1 on 1 on the right hand side. He would then turn back and pass to Trippier. It's almost like he hasn't got the skillset to dribble past a defender with a stepover or quick change of direction.