Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He was something special today. Justified the big billing he got in the Amazon doc. Trent used one of this three wishes to get him taken off because he made him look like a mannequin. 

I have no idea why he was subbed, he was the best on the pitch. Leaving Almiron on instead was absolutely baffling. Can't even understand what Eddie was trying to do with it other than "give some of the lads a run out" which at 1-0 is just mental if so. 

Proper class today. Really chuffed for him and a real shame he didn't have the match winning goal. 

I get the uproar with the sub but we still need to pace him fitness wise. This is the first time he wasn't totally out of gas at that point in the game but I imagine the fitness team don't think he is quite there year in relation to keeping him fit all season. 

Just now, Nobody said:

Felt pre planned, Howe feeling like he had to get Barnes on.

Just seemed like an attacking sub to kill the game off. Fresh legs against a vulnerable opponent. Nearly worked but didn't. 

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Everyone keeps saying he should stay on…But maybe he was gassed?

in any case I think he’s fucking class and can’t wait to see him continue to develop. 

He wasn’t gassed. He’s out run TAA. Deserved to be the winning scouser today. 

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Everyone keeps saying he should stay on…But maybe he was gassed?

in any case I think he’s fucking class and can’t wait to see him continue to develop. 

It was certainly a standard, pre-planned substitution. Regular for him to come off at that time. Whether he NEEDED to is open to debate though... The club do all sorts of things like taking regular bloods to assess individual player workloads, so I'm reticent to say it was a terrible choice to bring him off. But we definitely suffered from it.

Hope he doesn't have a daft reaction to today's defeat. Feel like today's result will reverberate throughout much of the team. We need to stick together.

Edited by 80

It’s his movements with the ball that have impressed me more than his dribbling, really intelligent and seems to catch defences off guard. That thing he does running with the ball in field into the gaps and doesn’t even have to beat a man and then plays the through ball.

Edited by Ronson333