Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I like Gordon and I think he has done very well at times. Having said that I still think he’s slightly limited as a player. The reason he is performing this badly now is mostly down to tiredness though. 

Another poor performance. Did well on the assist, but was the only good thing he did all game.

He cannot play on the right, again massively invisible and did nothing going forward or defensively.

Edited by Aiston

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He does so much good and so much bad over 90 minutes, needs to learn how to compose himself and pick the right option.

Apart from the assist?

Why not rest him for a game or two to help us going forward by having him fresh instead? Some will say that Howe would receive shite and blah blah. It’s his job to make these decisions and I think most would understand. Ps Eddie has my support but I just don’t understand some of his choices. 

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Why not rest him for a game or two to help us going forward by having him fresh instead? Some will say that Howe would receive shite and blah blah. It’s his job to make these decisions and I think most would understand. Ps Eddie has my support but I just don’t understand some of his choices. 

If we rest everyone that needs it we'll be calling up under 16s to the bench. They're struggling through to this break and hopefully getting players back, putting out players and tactics trying to balance the little we have left with trying to grab something.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

If we rest everyone that needs it we'll be calling up under 16s to the bench. They're struggling through to this break and hopefully getting players back, putting out players and tactics trying to balance the little we have left with trying to grab something.

Im not saying everyone am I? I’m saying Gordon. Even if most of the players are super tired then suuuuurely a very fresh and sharp looking Gordon would give us a much better chance of a threat and help us to win games? A game or two off and he might be able to look at his best for quite a few instead of looking half dead compared to his usual self? 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Im not saying everyone am I? I’m saying Gordon. Even if most of the players are super tired then suuuuurely a very fresh and sharp looking Gordon would give us a much better chance of a threat and help us to win games? A game or two off and he might be able to look at his best for quite a few instead of looking half dead compared to his usual self? 

Why just Gordon ? The same goes for 4 or 5 out there tonight, they play and have played when they ideally wouldnt have because of the lack of bodies.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Why just Gordon ? The same goes for 4 or 5 out there tonight, they play and have played when they ideally wouldnt have because of the lack of bodies.

Because he is one of our very few threats and we don’t have too many options to rest all of them at once obviously. Resting one would at least help a bit in the medium term. Doing something, resting one key player is better than none. 

Edited by Ikon

He needs a break but we’ve five days until Sunderland and then a full week to City, then two weeks off. He’ll get his break there, we can’t afford to be dropping him at the minute. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

He needs a break but we’ve five days until Sunderland and then a full week to City, then two weeks off. He’ll get his break there, we can’t afford to be dropping him at the minute. 

Well we are pretty close to the break now aye. But I don’t remember when he was able to run properly like he does when at his best. No one can convince me otherwise that we wouldn’t have benefited if we had rested him for a game or two . Because he hasn’t exactly been able to contribute anyway overall in the last I don’t know how many games. 

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Because he is one of our very few threats and we don’t have too many options to rest all of them at once obviously. Resting one would at least help a bit in the medium term. Doing something, resting one key player is better than none. 

But that's why he plays, because he one of the few threats and they know we have a gap coming and hopefully Barnes and Murphy coming back.