Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

He looks like the rest of the team tbf. Low on confidence, with poor decision making.

Yeah. I think he personifies it most but we're lacking confidence and tenacity atm. Not sure why, seems there's something 'off' to me. 

I dont buy the whole 'heads turned by Liverpool' thing because playing this badly is going to ruin any chance he has of a move, so it doesn't make sense. Honestly there's something just rotten about performances all over the squad this season so far. The fact that we're still unbeaten going into today's game proves the squad can achieve a lot this season if they wake up and get going properly.

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

I dont buy the whole 'heads turned by Liverpool' thing because playing this badly is going to ruin any chance he has of a move, so it doesn't make sense. Honestly there's something just rotten about performances all over the squad this season so far. The fact that we're still unbeaten going into today's game proves the squad can achieve a lot this season if they wake up and get going properly.

Something isn’t right for sure 

11 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Has there been any indication this is true? 

Yeah loads. Not if you are looking for an official statement, but Howe has spoken about players getting their heads turned, and plenty of journos are going with it. Of course nothing is true until it's written in black and white, just depends on what you want to believe.

He needs to be told he’s playing on the right and to suck it up and be professional. If he asks why then show him his finishing compared to Barnes’. 

If he does want to leave, let him go and use the money to buy someone who does want to play RW. 

I’m hoping it’s just a blip but he’s a shadow of last season with the most noticeable difference being attitude.

I doubt it’s due to liverpool or playing on the RW. The whole team looks off. Bruno was yelling and celebrating winning throw ins. Joe was dominating teams physically in every single 50/50. I could go on but it’s a player who hasn’t had a summer off in 2 years and plays a very physically demanding style. He has had a dip in energy and form and enthusiasm like the rest of the side. He was god awful today but I think it’s silly to assume he’s playing like shit to go to liverpool. If that’s the case Bruno is doing the same to go to madrid. 

Edited by Sufi