Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Said it start of season, but finishing is the part he needs to improve if he’s to take the step up. So far this season, he hasn’t done that so we’re at best no better off. 

Training with Barnes, would think his finishing would improve but it’s really not.

His workrate, dribbling, movement, pace. All world class. 

Technically, he really is lacking a lot of the time, though. Panics in front of goal, always snatches at chances or just goes for a tame, safe finish. He now seems to not make a decision in the final third. Just runs directly at players hoping he might run through them. 

Not been at the races all season. Which after how brilliant he was last season. It is a bit of a head scratcher. 

Fully aware that if we at least got a point today. A lot of these players critiques would be far leas harsh :lol: but Gordon has been annoying me with certain things this season. 

I worry that he was having a purple patch last season and that his level isn't as high as we might think. 

He's obviously better than current showings though. I think him and the team as a while just need things to fall their way at the minute to give a bit of a lift. 

4 minutes ago, Cf said:

I worry that he was having a purple patch last season and that his level isn't as high as we might think. 

He's obviously better than current showings though. I think him and the team as a while just need things to fall their way at the minute to give a bit of a lift. 

I think he was having a purple patch last season, but I also think that's his long term level. I was shocked by how consistent he was last season, it was as though he'd skipped a season or two of development. And that incredible form helped paper over cracks in a very difficult season. This season he's needing colleagues to take up some slack but it's not happening.

He's not as good as he thinks he is. 

Get a feeling like he like he thinks he's the main man now after last year, but he's got a lot of development still to do and needs to keep his feet on the ground and keep working. His pressing and running is great but his composure and finishing has been awful last few games.