Anthony Gordon

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Thought he got a new contract a few weeks ago?

They narf drag this stuff out thesedays

He was asked directly at the city game as press heard it was close he confirmed it was. Depending on how negative you feeling has this been held off as a formality or on purpose to act as a club/fan morale boost. 

Glad he’s got a new deal. Needs to improve his end product to go next level, but I would rather keep him than lose him as his drive and work rate is something you can’t coach into a player. 

Hopefully it’s a start of positive stuff to come from the club moving forward now. 

His dip in form (along with a couple of others) is a lesson to me about having doubts about players.

Next time he goes through a tricky spell I know that the answer is to play through it.

Get Isak on a new deal and that can secure our future, then we can concentrate on adding to the squad.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

His dip in form (along with a couple of others) is a lesson to me about having doubts about players.

Next time he goes through a tricky spell I know that the answer is to play through it.

Get Isak on a new deal and that can secure our future, then we can concentrate on adding to the squad.

That would send out a good message, pick up some form and have a good January window. Onwards and upwards!