Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Did anyone hear that nonsense from the commentators about him making England squad 😂

the comms were horrendous today.

birtles kept getting things wrimg.

and that lass was getting so overexcited at even the weakest of shots at  goal.

Edited by huss9

33 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Did anyone hear that nonsense from the commentators about him making England squad 😂

Actually made me go and have a look at the squad as I couldn't believe I missed Gordon's name when the squad was announced. 

Commentary was shocking. Birtles has proper anger issues like. 

Did he used to play? If so him and Hinchcliffe must have been the best players in the World they way they expect today's players to perform? 

8 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Actually made me go and have a look at the squad as I couldn't believe I missed Gordon's name when the squad was announced. 

Did he used to play? If so him and Hinchcliffe must have been the best players in the World they way they expect today's players to perform? 

double european cup winner with forest

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I like how honest he is here about his fitness and playing catch up.

https://twitter.com/nufc/status/1662892624435355656?s=46

Fantastic, that. And his post match interview. Get a good pre season in him and a couple of years of top coaching and he'll be mint imo. Big fan of how he got himself in that position to score today too. Maybe he can play 3 positions and not just the two we thought.

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

the comms were horrendous today.

birtles kept getting things wrimg.

and that lass was getting so overexcited at even the weakest of shots at  goal.

Martin Dubrovnik was a good one from that lass.

7 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

This is like when Danny Murphy tries to explain how Pep and Klopp should manage.

"You know what Pep should be doing is ........." 

Fuck off man.

7 hours ago, huss9 said:

7 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

And sold to Man Utd for £1.25million in 1980 at a time when the world transfer record was £1.75million (Paolo Rossi to Juventus). So it's safe to say he was pretty decent. 

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

I'm not sure how far back you go, but there were a number of European Cup winners with Forest who weren't actually as good as the trophies would suggest. Birtles flopped at Man U.

Like our Eddie, Clough had the ability to get players and teams to perform above expectations.

Sorry, digressing a bit.

13 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I like how honest he is here about his fitness and playing catch up.

https://twitter.com/nufc/status/1662892624435355656?s=46

Really good to hear. He seems desperate to succeed which is great even though I think it’s been a limiting factor this season. 

He’s never played in a winning team. And he’s not physically at the level of the rest.  

He’s got a big frame for a wide man but he’s weak.  He’s quick when he gets going but has poor stamina. He works hard but doesn’t know how to press effectively. If he sorts all of that out over the summer he’ll be a decent player. 

My one concern will always be that he doesn’t have that bit of magic all the top players do. But he can still be a good player for us. 

13 hours ago, STM said:

Yeah that's spot on that. 

Honesty will get you everywhere. If you are prepared to listen, learn and work hard, you are on the right path. 

Excellent interview.

Very down to earth.

Guest reefatoon

Was a great honest interview from him. Felt a little sorry for him as it seems his confidence took a little knock after seeing the fitness of the rest of the group. Seems to have a fantastic attitude though and will be all guns blazing for next season.

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Was a great honest interview from him. Felt a little sorry for him as it seems his confidence took a little knock after seeing the fitness of the rest of the group. Seems to have a fantastic attitude though and will be all guns blazing for next season.

He's probably where the rest of the squad were a year ago. Give him a pre-season to get caught up. 

The players are always better after pure coaching time with Howe. Not preparing for a specific game just time on the training pitch. We impose our style on players and thus most games. 

He’s got all the attributes to be a fantastic player. 

He’s looked pretty desperate to make a contribution and that has weighed on him. Hopefully he can kick on from this. Great interview.