Anthony Gordon: named NUFC Player of the Season (Official)

Jack27

Give him some time. He is a quality player, and this is a Liverpool fan speaking. He doesn't have any outstanding attributes but has a number of attributes at a good to a very good level. There will always be space for a player like him in a CL squad. He may not be in the starting eleven of a fully fit and fresh Newcastle squad but through the season when injuries mount, a player like him is valuable. 

Everton over the last two years has not been an ideal environment for a youngster to develop with a revolving door of coaches and managers. Howe is also the first counterpressing coach he is under. He will be fine in the long run. 

3 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Give him some time. He is a quality player, and this is a Liverpool fan speaking. He doesn't have any outstanding attributes but has a number of attributes at a good to a very good level. There will always be space for a player like him in a CL squad. He may not be in the starting eleven of a fully fit and fresh Newcastle squad but through the season when injuries mount, a player like him is valuable. 

Everton over the last two years has not been an ideal environment for a youngster to develop with a revolving door of coaches and managers. Howe is also the first counterpressing coach he is under. He will be fine in the long run. 

how come we have the only normal rational LFC fans on our board?

He was always a player for next season - let's see what Eddie can do with a full Pre-season with him.

I agree. He's still 22. We would've really needed another LW this window if we didn't have him, especially if ASM leaves. Did we overpay? Maybe, but it is what it is. Who knows, maybe he will prove to be worth it in the future.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, David Edgar said:

I'd like him to get a start on Sunday.  Chance to finish the season on a high.

Bingo. I agree. Its all about confidence here and building for next season with a full pre-season under Howe. The kid has been through a big change in his life. I actually think he's looked pretty decent in his limited appearances. Could already have a goal and an assist in his short time on the pitch. I'm pretty confident he will come good and prove the doubters wrong.

I thought his run for the goal was pretty much the one good thing he did.

I agree with the general consensus that he needs a full pre season, coaching and fitness schedule before we see the best of him.

He looks like he puts himself under too much pressure to succeed. Work smarter not harder, as the saying goes.

I certainly feel like this season will be the making of Gordon, its been massively turbulent for him.

pretty much a continuation of his standard of performance so far I thought, which isn't much more than the odd glimpse of his undoubted ability. Happy he got off the mark, but it's evident he needs to catch up with the groups fitness levels