Anthony Gordon

Jack27

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Absolutely unrepentant what they were doing to his barnet in Merseyide like.

I've said it before, but someone need to pass the word for him to grow out his beard and bash the odd sunbed. Take inspiration from Messi.

Remember him saying in an interview when he signed that he can't really grow a beard. Would solve alot of his problems though for sure.

18 hours ago, alexf said:

I wonder if the Everton fans who thought he was shit and gloated that they robbed us £40m for him have swallowed some humble pie. 

They did rob us for £40M at the time. The player we bought was not worth £40M at the time, im not sure he would have been a starter in this Everton side this season if he stayed on. What Eddie Howe has done with him is simply a miracle! He keep getting better by the game, his movement, pressing and every other aspect of his game has really improved! 

22 minutes ago, Begbie said:

They did rob us for £40M at the time. The player we bought was not worth £40M at the time, im not sure he would have been a starter in this Everton side this season if he stayed on. What Eddie Howe has done with him is simply a miracle! He keep getting better by the game, his movement, pressing and every other aspect of his game has really improved! 

Eddie knows gold when he sees it! Hopefully Tonali will show us what he’s capable of in the please be not to distant future. 

32 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Wasn't he 20 when we signed him. I don't think 40m was a bad deal for a player of that age

53 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Watching the Amazon documentary you realised how bad Howe wanted him and probably paid 10m too much. 

It was only at that point that I realised I'd be proved completely wrong about him, simply because of the determination of Eddie and the club to bring him where other deals we've probably walked away instantly 

Also the documentary give you more personal access to the player, who comes across really likable and a genuinely nice person even with all the negativity thrown at him at everton.

I think a lot of us thought we were buying some ill tempered horrible rat who wouldn't fit in. We were so wrong again. 

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Wasn't he 20 when we signed him. I don't think 40m was a bad deal for a player of that age

Bought January this year, birthday in February so 21 when we signed him but turned 22 before he had played 90 minutes worth of games.

Not that it really matters. From the outside looking in, it was a bit of a gamble for that price at the time of the transfer, but I doubt anyone would say he wasn't worth the price now.

He's certainly changed my mind on him now, like. 

I think him and Burn have a very good relationship on the field too. I don't think it's a coincidence that Burn has looked better overall this season; both with and without the ball. Gordon always seems to find space for Burn to pass to him in a way Joelinton or ASM couldn't in that position..

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

He's certainly changed my mind on him now, like. 

I think him and Burn have a very good relationship on the field too. I don't think it's a coincidence that Burn has looked better overall this season; both with and without the ball. Gordon always seems to find space for Burn to pass to him in a way Joelinton or ASM couldn't in that position..

I think Burn's development so far this season has been the most impressive. Last year, he was very, very functional but he basically just formed the 3 CBs line most of the time but then started to make a few more runs up the touchline in the second half of the season.

This campaign, he's popping up in lots of places while still being decent defensively. He's actually contributing to build up play far more than just some decoy runs. I'd love to see his attempts to whip in an early cross [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think Burn's development so far this season has been the most impressive. Last year, he was very, very functional but he basically just formed the 3 CBs line most of the time but then started to make a few more runs up the touchline in the second half of the season.

This campaign, he's popping up in lots of places while still being decent defensively. He's actually contributing to build up play far more than just some decoy runs. I'd love to see his attempts to whip in an early cross [emoji38]

agreed but yeah, I'm not sure I want to see him crossing to be honest :lol: 

He seems to get himself into the box for crosses a bit which makes sense and is impressive since he's usually involved in the first bit of build up too. Even when not in the box he's camped on the edge of it (usually in the centre) to help sustain pressure. Been enjoying watching him a lot. It speaks to how Howe keeps introducing new things to stop us from being predictable.

Edited by Smal

3 hours ago, Begbie said:

Sorry, that's completely wrong. It wasn't long ago he was one of the most highly-rated English youngsters around. He was clearly worth the money. 

He seems to be another one who is bought into the culture and the fan base.

He joined us under a cloud with haters both at his old and new club, the petualnce after being subbed in the Brentford game etc.

But maybe he needed that to refocus his own mind and prove the doubters wrong.

Many players have wilted under the pressure but it's great to see him flourishing now.

By happenstance, I was at the under-21 tournament in Kutaisi, Georgia in the summer. After an unwelcome confrontation with a rather unpleasant middle aged Chelsea drunk, I settled down to watch the England - Portugal match. Emile Smith-Rowe, Cole Palmer, Levi Colwill, Curtis Jones and Noni Madueke were present that day, however to my eye it was clear that they were two players on the pitch a level above the others, Anthony Gordon and Pedro Neto. I left the ground that evening excited and optimistic about what was to come from Gordon, he seemed to be playing with a maturity and proficiency that I hadn't seen yet for Newcastle or Everton. It's safe to say he's already surpassed any of the high hopes I had; I thought he could be an important player for Newcastle, now I believe he could go on to be one of the best wingers in the Premier League. A huge credit to himself and to our coaching team.

SYU2wgm.jpg

Edited by Infinitely Content