Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He proper loves a body feint without touching the ball like. His centre of gravity makes him a great player to watch. Unreal how much I hated him at Everton, but he's also massively taken it up a few levels this season. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

31 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He proper loves a body feint without touching the ball like. His centre of gravity makes him a great player to watch. Unreal how much I hated him at Everton, but he's also massively taken it up a few levels this season. 

Yep, I'm in exactly the same camp. Thought his signing was odd, didn't think he was all that after he signed and absolutely despised him at Everton due to his 'antics'.

He's one of the best players I've seen play for us.

I love his post match interview, can see in his eyes how happy he is. I bet he had moments when he was at Everton where he wondered if he’d ever enjoy football at this level. 

Numerous gears to work through yet. Well done to him. 

He has been full of running and workrate, also has shown great movement at times. Think he's been quite limited on the ball lately though. Maybe because he's been tired.

Having said that i do think he lacks a tiny bit of flair and technical ability when it's tight and there's little space available. Thought he was brilliant before the last few games.

Im not sure he will get much of a look in for as long as Southgate is manager, you don’t get the best out of Gordon while using the slow and methodical build up style of play that England favour at the moment.

As much as the lad probably wants to be included and how happy we’d all be for him, it’s better for us this way for now anyway.

Edited by Nine

People say he ‘can’ play on the right side. Obviously he can but will he ever play at his maximum level there? Thinking for now and potentially going forward. Genuine question. Versatility is great, mind.

No matter what, whoever we sign to play on the opposite side to him has to be a player with that extra bit of flair and creativity imo. Would be a good balance as a whole. 

I’m thinking the same for next season regarding our CM. If things don’t go ape shit for Tonali then there’s no doubt that he will be a key player next season. My gut feeling is that he will be an absolute star. If we keep Bruno and Tonali hits the heights we think he will then it’s looking very good. Next summer we should add another CM of top top quality with next level technical ability. Then we would have a great variety and depth for our midfield. Not quite sure what kind of CM. Next level technical ability is key. 

New         Bruno.        Tonali

These three for rotation and depth. 

(Willock) (Joelinton) (Longstaff)

Edited by Ikon

43 minutes ago, Ikon said:

People say he ‘can’ play on the right side. Obviously he can but will he ever play at his maximum level there? Thinking for now and potentially going forward. Genuine question. Versatility is great, mind.

No matter what, whoever we sign to play on the opposite side to him has to be a player with that extra bit of flair and creativity imo. Would be a good balance as a whole. 

I’m thinking the same for next season regarding our CM. If things don’t go ape shit for Tonali then there’s no doubt that he will be a key player next season. My gut feeling is that he will be an absolute star. If we keep Bruno and Tonali hits the heights we think he will then it’s looking very good. Next summer we should add another CM of top top quality with next level technical ability. Then we would have a great variety and depth for our midfield. Not quite sure what kind of CM. Next level technical ability is key. 

New         Bruno.        Tonali

These three for rotation and depth. 

(Willock) (Joelinton) (Longstaff)

Totally agree! Though I do think Willock has such a high ceiling and unique skillset, if he could do the great work he does on the left chanel also in the middle of the pitch, we'd have our own Bellingham 

I love Willock and rate him highly. But you can’t compare him to Bellingham. I understand that you don’t mean that he’s even near his level or anything like that. I think he’s very good and will become even better for sure. Having said that I see his strengths in transitional play and for what he offers when breaking forward. In general play I don’t see him as the playmaking type of player that dictates the game with vision, technical ability and decision making from a more “still” standing type of game. He’s not a player who is class when it comes to keeping the ball in possession and making it flow. . I don’t se him at his best against teams sitting back. As we evolve we will become a more possession based team due to more and more superiority in the team with time and naturally we will have to play differently as opposition teams will need to adapt and adjust to try and neutralise us. I think Willock has a great future ahead of him but within time we will also need a different kind of skill set compared to what we have now. Especially for the CL where the tactical and technical level is even higher. I know the PL is of the highest level but the game is slightly more open overall. Even then to become a top top team in the league we will have to slightly change our way of playing to properly become one of the contenders. We have great physicality and athleticism but to get to the next level we will have to adjust and change slightly and be better technically and equipped to control games better and break teams down.  Willocks skill set is amazing to have for certain games, don’t get me wrong. Sorry for going all blah blah and off topic with this post. Bellingham literally has everything as a footballer, Willock doesn’t.