Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He must be worth close to £80-£90M now surely? If you consider the Grealish transfer and the fact that we really don't need to sell

Also worth noting - Gordon is obviously the better player but Barnes has a very decent goals return as a left winger last few years. We potentially have a bunch of wingers who could get us 30 goals a season - that's Martinelli/Saka returns.

Edited by Menace

Where are my internet points?

On 07/08/2023 at 15:57, Nine said:

Eventually this will sink in for the vast majority of the fan base I think, once everyone sees how good Gordon is and how well he can potentially function in our system it will open some more eyes. Taking his age and circumstance into account (only been here a short time and has had limited minutes) you can only imagine how much room he has to grow here.. he is the player that excites me the most as far as how much he can improve from here.

Edited by Nine

Chuffed it's going so well for him. He seems to genuinely love it out there in black and white. 

However, as good as he's been, it feels to me as though he's nowhere near his peak yet. He's capable of a lot more and I hope circumstances align to allow that to happen. 

3 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

When is the next England squad announced?

They play two friendlies on 23rd and 26th of this month so you imagine it'll be sometime in the next 2 weeks.

This lad has been so good this season, looked knackered at times yesterday but still impacted the game in a big way.

He's good to watch, with end product to match.

He's gone from being a player and signing that people questioned this time last year - to big contender for our player of the season. 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Southgate will still pick Grealish over him sadly.

Was just about to post how done I’ll be with England when he’s not selected. 

More fool Southgate and England tbh, keep him fresh for our games and have some time working on things with Howe.

He's been excellent and is showing me things I'd never seen when he was at Everton. More than happy to eat a bit of humble pie as I was hugely sceptical of signing him 14 months ago but he's been fucking brilliant this season. Effort and ability is 100% and he's a thankless grafter who'll play in multiple positions in the same game as and when the team needs it. Given the fact he played for the England youth team last summer I'd quite like it if he put his feet up this summer and had a rest, he's been going flat out for almost 20 months now.

He's fucking class :aww:

ps - the internet would be a much nicer place if people just admitted when they were wrong. I am in that position right now and I'm very glad I am too 

4 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Personally hope we go out at the earliest opportunity if he's not picked.

I personally hope we go out at the earliest opportunity if he’s picked. Lad needs a holiday.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Southgate will still pick Grealish over him sadly.

Nailed on. Gordon over performing Grealish on every metric this season in a worse team, but you know full well he’ll do it.

Edited by Big Jow

He just doesn´t have a bad game, really impressed by him this year. Slow start and then after a good pre-season he has been our stand-out player this year.

Also, his flexibility to cover other positions has been so good for us.

Not sure even Southgate could get away with anything other than a Bellingham/Rice CM pairing now. Kane is automatic and there's about 10 names in the picture for the other 3 forward positions in that team, Gordon is just one of them. Foden should be automatic too imo so that leaves 2. Could make arguments for Bowen, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Saka, Gordon, Mount is a favourite, Sancho has disappeared and I've probably forgotten a couple too. They can't all go

Edit - forgot Maddison too

Kane

Gordon Foden Saka

Rice Bellingham

Seems the obvious choice to me.

But then I am massively biased.

Wouldn't mind if Gordon wasn't picked for selfish reasons though.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Kane

Gordon Foden Saka

Rice Bellingham

Seems the obvious choice to me.

But then I am massively biased.

Wouldn't mind if Gordon wasn't picked for selfish reasons though.

That, with Watkins as back up, looks a seriously good combination.