Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Ashworth had nowt to do with this buy, aye?

Of course not. Only Hall and Tonali. Until they come good that is.

Delighted for the lad.

Barely over a year ago Everton fans were chasing him down the street yelling that he wasn't fit to wear the shirt and telling him to get out of their club.

Must have been absolutely gutting for him.

Now he's an England international and playing the best football of his career for fans who love him.  Just turned 23 and on top of the world.

Well done, kidda.

1 minute ago, GideonShandy said:

Delighted for the lad.

Barely over a year ago Everton fans were chasing him down the street yelling that he wasn't fit to wear the shirt and telling him to get out of their club.

Must have been absolutely gutting for him.

Now he's an England international and playing the best football of his career for fans who love him.  Just turned 23 and on top of the world.

Well done, kidda.

Think I'd laugh to death before they could give me the killing blow if I got attacked by a gang of Scousers. That fucking accent every time evokes Lister talking about curry, or Oprah's asshole in South Park.

I know I’m biased, but I can’t see why any young player wouldn’t want to sign for us to play and develop under Eddie. The pathways from schoolboy to first team are opening up and Anthony’s progress this season surpasses any expectations despite our indifferent form as a team.

I’d love to see the elite managers and media darlings get a song out of BDB, Jamal, Sean Longstaff, Miggy and all. 

Stupid sending off but he was class today. Probably a blessing that he misses Everton based on his previous game against them. 

Gone some way to redeeming himself for that spat with Howe when being subbed off last season.

Saying that verbally abusing Howe is seen as a plus these days.

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Seems a bit pedantic after that performance but the cut inside/ curler is becoming a little predictable

Aye, I agree with this. It's annoying as he's really decent on his left and when he goes outside.

Really liked him on the right and roaming.

9 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Seems a bit pedantic after that performance but the cut inside/ curler is becoming a little predictable

I wouldn’t be surprised if we play him on the right next season especially as Barnes emerges on the left. I think being on the right will make him more direct. Beat his man and get into a dangerous area where he can whip in a cross. He has this rashford-like approach when he’s on the left where he almost thinks he’s an inside forward or striker. Always cutting in instead of taking his man down the line. Same reason I like seeing Almiron on the left, stops that natural instinct of his to cut in and shoot every time.