Anthony Gordon

Jack27

It's interesting - if you compare his stats to wingers (top chart), he looks pretty meh.

But if you compare him with midfielders, the numbers look a lot more promising. 

Same numbers, different frame of reference. Don't know how Eddie plans on using him but something to consider...

OnPaste.20230124-140011.png

OnPaste.20230124-140033.png

Edited by Memphis

24 minutes ago, Memphis said:

It's interesting - if you compare his stats to wingers (top chart), he looks pretty meh.

But if you compare him with midfielders, the numbers look a lot more promising. 

Same numbers, different frame of reference. Don't know how Eddie plans on using him but something to consider...

OnPaste.20230124-140011.png

OnPaste.20230124-140033.png

47 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t doubt he can fit in to a pressing style, it’s his quality with the ball and end product that’s my concern.

If Howe thinks he’ll work that’s good enough for me. He’s hardly going to be the only winger we sign, look how many options LIverpool have for example. We’re building a squad. 

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Howe, Ashworth, and scouting team do. And I trust they have a far better eye for this stuff than we do.

Are you expecting every transfer they make to be a success?

23 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Howe, Ashworth, and scouting team do. And I trust they have a far better eye for this stuff than we do.

They look at transfer targets from a system point of view. Before they think of what players we want to bring in, they should be clear on what type of football they want to play and then find players that fit that system. Gordon perfectly fits a high pressing system. It’s like having another Almiron on the left flank, and I actually think his work rate is higher than Miggy’s

This system matters to Howe so much that he’d rather drop ASM and play Willock as a winger just because that would allow the system to flourish better. 

53 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

18 month ago most of us would have been erect with signing Gordon.

Now look at us. We all want mbappe or nothing 🤣

Dont be a stupid idiot please.