Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Just my take, and Howe knows best, but Joelinton is … Joelinton in attacking positions.  Looks a million times better in the centre of midfield - and Bruno looks WC when he’s there with him.  Can’t abide him on the LW

100% this. He’s shite doing anything creative. He’s a destroyer in the middle.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

What? Are you drunk?

Been like this for 4 matches now, we got the winner against Fulham but the same problem was there.

At some point you must think 90% of my front line can’t shoot for shit and my only striker does fuck all these days.

We’re only picking points up because how amazing we are defending.

Just now, Shearergol said:

100% this. He’s shite doing anything creative. He’s a destroyer in the middle.

With Burn at LB and Joelinton as the left sided midfielder, Maxi effectively has a free role on LW with next to no defensive responsibilities. No brainer for me. Our strongest lineup blatantly has both Maxi and Isak in, but Howe doesn't want to upset the team morale/spirit on this long unbeaten run. He has previous for doggedly sticking to a winning solution.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Been like this for 4 matches now, we got the winner against Fulham but the same problem was there.

At some point you must think 90% of my front line can’t shoot for shit and my only striker does fuck all these days.

We’re only picking points up because how amazing we are defending.

We have one player coming back from a bad injury and the other who is always getting injured. We need other options, but it’s not as straight forward as just playing a different striker. Isak will be starting every match soon enough.